Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sooo tired and sooo constipated tmi sorry

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

I can not go to the bathroom I think maybe my prenatal vitamins are causing this don't really know.  I never had this problem with the other babys, I am soooo soooo tired and honestly in bed and sleeping by 9 Im only 7 weeks I hope this goes away.  Oh and i tried taking malox yup that make me throw up and still constipated.  I have never experienced any of this lol its like I've never been pregnant before.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deb1229
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Try Fiber One bars (or the generic version if you can find them, they are cheaper).  Also, ask your dr. if you can take Flinstones vitamins instead.  Both of these made a HUGE difference with me this time around.

krs10lea
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM

You need some colace  that helped me I was miserable for 2 weeks.  Colace saved my sanity.

nc1234
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM

what is colace?

Quoting krs10lea:

You need some colace  that helped me I was miserable for 2 weeks.  Colace saved my sanity.

krs10lea
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Quoting nc1234:

what is colace?

Quoting krs10lea:

Colace is  stool softner

khedy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Are you drinking enough water? Try increasing the amount you are drinking and that should help! Also maybe add some more fresh fruits to your diet. that can help, too!

LadyIPNK
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Take Colace. Its a stool softener. If I have to take it I take it right before bed, then by like noon the next day...Move outta my way!!! lol. It really works & doesnt dehydrate you. If you cant find it, go to the pharmacist & they can help you. Or you can go ask the pharmacist what you can take & dont be embarrassed about asking for it. Mine laughed & told me I dont even know how often he gets asked that question.

Just dont take anything that is meant for releiving constipation. The kind we get, they are little orange colored pills, becaue those will dehydrate you.

funlovinmama82
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I'm in the same boat mama.  I had my first bm in 4 long days yesterday.  I told my husband, and he said "no wonder you are so cranky, I would be to".  What a jerk.  But I love him.  I think I actually have some colace, guess I'll give that a shot.

pammyhorner
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I LOVE that stuff I used durring and after my first pregnancy, I plan on using it again bc I can feel myself getting backed up, lol. You can find it at any drug store or grocery store, its the best, Maloxx made me puke too, its nasty.

Quoting krs10lea:

Quoting nc1234:

what is colace?

Quoting krs10lea:

Colace is  stool softner

cupcake-2.jpg picture by impostercostumecupcake-7-1.jpg picture by impostercostume

Jamaica_Gyal
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I had this same problem with the constipation. So no I always start the day with Raisin Bran, I dont drink cows milk, just soy, and drink plenty of water. This has worked for me. If you need more, add grapes, raisins, or prunes to your daily snacks. Grapes are wonderful frozen....like mini popscicles.  This should work. you just need to change up your diet more.

pregnancy

JSMITH07
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 4:54 PM

f.i.b.e.r! it works! water too!or coffee, if u drink it!!   im not sure if u can take the const. tabs, i did after my c-section,,, i took2,,, dont take 2,, unless u wanna camp out in the b-room!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)