• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant get a ultra sound done:(

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM
  • 17 Replies

Well i found out last night that i was preggo.So i called today to see if i could get a ultra sound done to see how far along i am and if everything is ok.Well they said i have to wait tell june 25 that that will put me on 7 weeks.They said they cant do a ultra sound now cause they wont be able to see anything.Im really worried cause i have been having bad cramps no blood just heavy cramps like period pain and i have to wait 2 more weeks to see if everything is ok.Im stressed.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livelaughlover
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM

You can always go tho the hospital and they will give you one.

Pregnancy ticker

kara_g.
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:25 AM
They're right. You wouldn't see anything now and it will stress you out more. At 7 weeks you will see the sac and a pulsing light, which is the heartbeat. In my previous two pregnancies I had severe cramping and it felt like AF would start any second. That is actually quite normal and is your uterus expanding and also the blastocyst (baby) burrowing. I'll give my opinion as someone who has actually had a miscarriage...it is out of your hands so proceed as though everything is perfect and enjoy it and be happy. I lost a pregnancy and it robbed my second pregnancy, which was successful, of so much joy. I worried and fretted and there was nothing wrong. If there had been I could not have prevented it and the worry would not have made it easier. Easier said than done, but try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
rachel_07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Quoting livelaughlover:

You can always go tho the hospital and they will give you one.

very very true thats what I would do

Mommy of 1 going on 2 , working while pregnant, active duty navy, bottle feeding, disposable diper, SPANKING , tattooed, pro-choice, inter-racial relationship, vaccinating, outspoken. very happy doing what I do !

its a boy   toddler girl    in love

mami2emily
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM

If you go too early they might not be able to see anything and the thought of something being wrong might stress you more. The cramping you're having might be your uterus streching. I went when i was 6wks along and they only saw a sac, i had to wait 2 weeks just to get another ultrasound and the wait was unbearable. Just wait a bit longer.

Pregnancy ticker

catmiller520
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Just to ease your mind, cramps like mentral cramps are very normal.  Your uterus is going through a lot of changes.  It already growing.  By the time you are seven weeks it will already be the size of a grape fruit even though your baby will only be the size of a blue berry.  Don't stress, that will make it worse.  Mentral type cramps are normal.  Wait until your doc wants you to have your ultra sound.  I waited till 7 weeks and they were able to do it abdominally which was WAY better than vaginally.

Twinboysmom22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM

The other ladies are right.  It is your uterus contracting, your body is getting adjusted for the new baby and preparing to protect it.  It is perfectly normal.  Bleeding in a pregnancy is normal too.  But too much is something to worry about then go to the hospital.

But otherwise do not go.  For many reasons, one it isn't really an emergency and takes up room for people who have emergencies such as bleeding heavily and horrible pains.  Secondly your doctor is right, you will not be able to see anything but a sac right now.  Then gives you worries for the nest few weeks if there is a baby there or not cause you didn't see it.  It is an awful feeling.  IF your pain persists and is unbearable, then go in.  Otherwise we are here to help with the anxiousness...lol.

Justjaime3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I had a ton of cramping up until this week.  I'm a 7 weeks today and had my ultra sound.  If it was done any earlier they might not have been able to see anything and that would have scared me even more. 

Mom2Jack04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Cramping is very normal.  And most OB's wont even see you until you are at least 8-9 weeks pregnant.  It sounds harsh but they say most miscarriages occur before then, so scheduling your appointment after this time weeds out the ones that don't take....I know like I said sounds harsh.

But don't worry unless they were extremely painful, as in doubling you over and came with bleeding it's normal.  Your uterus is growing and changing.  I get more muscle type cramps now and i'm 10 weeks...and usualy right after I feel these I notice I look larger, lol....like growth spurts!

LadyIPNK
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I had one done at 6 weeks because they thought I was ectopic cause I was having pains to the point I could barely stand. I guess it depends on the severity of the pains your having. I could see something at that US tho. It was just a little tiny oval blob but I could still see her. Granted they had to REALLY zoom in to see her & had to use one of those probe US stick things (LOL). Who knows. The Drs office & Hospital I go through are REALLY REALLY good.

The period like cramping is totally normal. I had the period like cramping all the way up until I was 18 weeks along. No blood just cramping. My SIL had it too. I was told the pain was from the uterus stretching cause I grew a lot & fast during those first couple of months. Especially if this is your first pregnancy or your really in tune with your body.

Schleetle
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

A lot of times if you go in too early they can only see the sac with no baby it can be so scary. I know its hard to wait - I thought everything in the world would be wrong until I finally got my first u/s, but the wait was worth it. If you are really scared you can go to the ER, but if the cramps aren't too severe I would wait it out. I have had cramping since the beginning, and baby is doing fine. Congrats on the pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)