Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of vitamins can i take?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

I found out i was preggo last night like i said (piog) i cant get a ultra sound done until im 7 weeks witch is june 25.What vitamins can i take that i can buy at the store?I dont have insurance right now.Im trying to get on medicaid but i need a proof of pregnancy and cant get that until june 25.Is there prenatal vitamins i can buy at the store?

I have taken vitmens i got at my dr with my last pregnancy and they made me really sick.So im not sure what else is out there.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rachel_07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Yes and you can take childrens vitamins that say complete

Mommy of 1 going on 2 , working while pregnant, active duty navy, bottle feeding, disposable diper, SPANKING , tattooed, pro-choice, inter-racial relationship, vaccinating, outspoken. very happy doing what I do !

its a boy   toddler girl    in love

momma2boys610
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:57 AM

you can get a  huge bottle at walmart or anywhere, target, k-mart!! They all have prenatal! They're pretty cheap!  DOn't worry about not being able to get an ultrasound yet, I read your other post and being crampy is all part of it!! They wouldn't be able to ssee anything anyways and that would probably make it worse for you!! Just be patient!! Congrats on being preggo!  :) I am 7 weeks with my third!

ILoveMyJason
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM

There are lots of OTC prenatal vitamins. You can find them at almost any store. Walmart has their own brand - that's what I've always taken. The most important thing to look for is that it contains at least 800 mcg of folic acid, otherwise you should probably get an additional supplement for just that.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Twinboysmom22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Yes, there are many you can get OTC.  Those were the ones I used when I was prego with my boys.  They aren't badly priced either.  I got mine at walmart.

lilmomma92706
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I can't take the prenatals either because of sever morning sickness. AT target they have chewable gummy vitamins for adults and those are what I have been taking. They taste just like my dd's gummy fruit snacks!!!

Mom2Jack04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Yep I just use Target Prenatal Vitamins, I got a bottle of 100 for about $6!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)