Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iud..how long does it take to get pregnant??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM
  • 12 Replies

i have had the iud in since last febuary.  it was great, but now we are wanting another little one! i have my appointment to take it out next friday! how long does it take to get pregnant afterwards? baby dust

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermomofgirls
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Well not to discourage you but it took us 7 months to get pregnant after I had the IUD removed.We had it taken out the week before thanksgiving and finally got pregnant this passed may.

momma2boys610
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

one month.

hannahsmommy08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM

dont worry about it. i wont be discouraged. i just wanna know how long ill be looking at!

thanks

dd_pompa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM

After my middle son, I got my IUD taken out & within 4 wks, I was preg!!! It was like I never had it in!

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

mommycavey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM

i've had two mirenas and got pregnant the first month after removal of both. so you could get pregnant very fast!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
navywifey2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM

it varies for everyone....i had mine taken out the end of march in 08 and got pregnant in dec 08...however i was taking bcp for treatment for endo for 3 months plus had a surgery in june...all in all id say we were actively trying for like 2 months.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

MEGHANH83
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM

My best friend got pregnant 2 months after having her iud taken out. Her doctor said you can get pregnant the first time you ovulate after it is taken out.  Good luck!!

GardenMama924
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM

8 mo

beck_9808
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM

I think it depends on the individual. me personally, i got pregnant 11 days after i had mine taken out. if you got pregnant quickly with your first baby then hopefully you will be just as lucky this time.

Wife to USMC LCpl Holloway; Mommy to Hunter James born 9-16-08

want1more2010
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Hi

I have my IUD out in february and got my BFP this May (3 months).  I think that most of the time your body goes back to normal fairly quickly...

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)