Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate the courts system

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

My husband was arrested on 6.7.09 for domesticly abusing me and his bail was only 10,000 dollars witch means its 10% of that witch is 1000 I think he should have no bail also considering his violent past. He has 4 aggervated batterys againt him and his on felony probation for one!!! I'm going down today to file a protection order for me and my 6 month old daughter who was present at the time of the abuse. anyone been in my situation??

How likly is it that I will get the protection order?? I'm also 8 weeks pregnant!

Its amazing with his last aggervated battery when he hit a guy his bond was 1500000 thousand dollars. So you can hit a guy and have a big bond but if you hurt your pregnant wife its no big deal? I'm just happy cause as soon as he is proven guilty his probation violation goes into affect and he has 6 years over his head!!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Rika87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I am sorry that all this has happened to you, but I'm proud of you for being strong and not allowing yourself to be abused. This has never happened to me but I wish you the best of luck.

pregnancy week by week
hotmoma2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Im more than 100% sure you will get the protection order. No doubt, he was arrested and thats proof and a lot of time women dont report the abuse and have no proof and still get it. I would act first thing though. Also i would give a call to his po officer and let them know he is in jail and they should put a hold on him. Let him know what for as well. Im glad you are standing up for your self. It took me years to even leave. Good luck momma you and baby will be in my prayers!

CowgirlMamma555
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I am so proud of you momma. I personally have no gone through it, but grew up in a home where the mental and physical abuse (rarer but still there) was horrible. It takes a strong woman to be able to leave and not succome to the feelings of worthlessness or accepting it as "just the way it is".

If he was arrested, you should have no problem getting at least a restraining order. The problem is, just because you have one, doesn't mean he's going to stay away. If you think he would come after you or your daughter at all, please take yourself down to a woman's protective home or to a friend's/relatives until he's charged. I know it sucks to give up your freedom and privacy, but you've got babies to think about!!!

I wish you the best of luck, and will keep you and your little ones in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)