Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW I went to the Dr.'s yesterday and...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

They did another ultra sound and it amazes me how in 3 weeks a baby can grow so much!!! I can see it now I am in for it with this baby Its so darn wiggly it was doing all kinds of flips inside me!!! Then when I was talking to the Dr I was shocked that he accually was pushing me to go VBAC!!! This Dr. was not mymy normal Dr. I was sent to see a specialist because I am concidered high risk but it was just a one time deal to see this Dr. I have not even met my dr yet and I have been told once a C/S always a C/S. Now I am torn as to what to do go VBAC or C/S??

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Twinboysmom22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

OH that is great news!!  I want a VBAC, I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet but I will soon.  I am hoping he is on board with this.  If not and he thinks there might be risks then I wont.  But if your doctor is saying it is ok, I would try it!  I did a c-section cause I had to, and if I could of chose it would of been the otehr way. 



mamad122
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Personally I would try a VBAC, esp if your Dr encourages it!

 Pregnancy Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

kara_g.
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM
It used to be "once a c-section, always a c-section", but that is no longer the case. However, it depends largely on the reason for a c-section. Speak with a couple, or even a few medical professions and research the issue yourself and make an informed decision. It is YOUR decision ultimately.
Mom2Jack04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I would also say it depends on why you are high risk.  I am a type 2 diabetic, and when I was induced at 39 weeks I didn't get past 5cm.  My son was stuck and had to come out.  The doctor told me that I also had a tilted and petite pelvis and there was NO way he would have fit through and he was only 6 pounds 10 ounces.  I was told I'd need another c-section....and frankly i'm okay with that, I know what to expect and how I heal, which was just as quick as a vaginal birth for me....plus she sucksioned me out so good I only bleed for 5 days and only the first 2 were heavy! 

meesa0210
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I too am opting for a vbac. My dr. and i have gone through all the exceptions and all that. If the baby is bigger than 10lbs, if I don't start to dialate on my own and go into labor on my own by 41 weeks (she said they don't like to induce women who've had previous c-secs). But I also know how I healed with my c-sec. Honestly I don't think it was that bad. And like the pp, my dr. did a great suction job and I only bled for 5 days, the first 2 being heavy. After that, I was using super thin maxi'x or panty liners. Either way you go, remember it's your body, your baby and your decision. Good luck to you and I hope everything turns out great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)