• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

back labor ???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM
  • 11 Replies

has anyone here had back labor before? if so, does your stomach tighten during the contractions or do you only feel it in your back? i've been having some bad on and off back pain since i woke up and im trying to figure out if its the baby on a nerve or something more. thanks in advance

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamad122
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I had back labor and contractions so for me, yes my belly tightened but I have known woman that had back pain ONLY. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

jrncjsmommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

thank you!

Quoting mamad122:

I had back labor and contractions so for me, yes my belly tightened but I have known woman that had back pain ONLY. Good luck!

jrncjsmommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM

anyone else?

other_mother
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:47 AM
No personal experience with labor, but my mother never had tightening in her stomach. It was only lower back pain that would either stay constant or come and go. I only ever feel the braxton hicks in my back, so she thinks that I will probably have back labor just like her.
pregnancy calendar
Mom2Jack04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I had back labor but I honestly can't remember is my tummy tightened, the back labor was so intense it's all I felt. 

jujubee70
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:57 AM

I had back labor with my son. I didn't have any contractions in the stomach, only back.

CowgirlMamma555
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I had back labor with my first and it was horrible. Sooo much worse than reg contractions. I had one contraction that stayed fo 2 hours, spiking and coming down to where I could feel it but it was just barely tolerable, but never going away. (They told me what that is called after I had my epi, but I can't remember now).

As far as the stomach tightening, I think it may have, but it was a long time ago. I didn't have any contractions in my back until labor actually started...all my BH were in my belly.

lilbeansmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I had an all natural birth and all back labor-  I could feel the tightening of my stomache but the pain was all in my back.  It really helped to do some rotating of my hips, use a birthing bath and the Yoga Cat Pose.    Basically anything to rotate the baby.

How far along are you?  Also have you had anyother signs of labor?  Going to the bathroom? 

Good-luck!

mama-w-peanut
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

very early in the labor process all i felt was back pain during a contraction ... i could feel tightening with my hand in my tummy but no pain there. then when they were about 7 min apart it started hurting all the way around but the back pain was awfull. i went all natural with back labor for 36 hours and i found that sitting on my knees and leaning with my chest on the raised back of the hospital bed was the best. my little guy was face up when comming out - never was able to get him to turn around - little bugger!

GOOD LUCK - time them - if they are comming closer together - your starting labor!!!!!

jrncjsmommie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM

im 35weeks so its kinda early kind of not and no ther signs of labor so far except the baby isnt moving as much as usual today. with my first i was induced and my second it was a 3 hr labor from beginning to end but completly normal.

Quoting lilbeansmommy:

I had an all natural birth and all back labor-  I could feel the tightening of my stomache but the pain was all in my back.  It really helped to do some rotating of my hips, use a birthing bath and the Yoga Cat Pose.    Basically anything to rotate the baby.

How far along are you?  Also have you had anyother signs of labor?  Going to the bathroom? 

Good-luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)