Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy and orgasms...definately TMI but need answers

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM
  • 19 Replies

OK, so this might be a strange question, but did any of you find it more difficult to achieve an orgasm while pregnant?  I love my husband because he is so patient and takes his time, but today it took like 40 minutes and by then I was totally worn out and so was he.  Just curious if anyone else experiences a problem like this.  Thanks girls

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetcherry_59
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I am on the same page as you. the farther along I get the harder it is for me to enjoy sex or to even get off. We have tried different positions and even toys but it just doesn't do the trick. I feel like it takes forever for me to get to that OMG place and half the time I don't even want to put in the effort. I am tired enough from being pregnant I don' always have the energy. I am plenty horny and I want it I just know how much work it is going to take and I give up before we start. I have been just taking care of him and sayinhg screw it.

CowgirlMamma555
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM

All the hormones your body is producing causes funky things to happen... Progestrone esp. can make sex dryer and harder.... I'd suggest get a good lube, and just be patient. It may get better, and it may not, but its all temperary!

other_mother
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM
We have to use a vibrator while we do it for that reason (tmi, I know). That's the only way I have been able to have an orgasm since I was about 6 months along.
pregnancy calendar
Lbbguard01
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:18 PM

It has become impossible for me to get off now that I am pregnant. Before hubby could always so it now never. We have tried everything. The other day he actually got off and when i went to lay down he was like no u go til u get off. Kept going but nothing happened. I knew it wouldnt and I told him that. He ended up getting off a second time and i just gave up. lol I love the face he makes when he gets off though so it makes me smile and happy just to see that.

funlovinmama82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Thanks girls.  I will let my hubby know that it is totally normal.  See the only problem is that we are both pleasers and he doesn't like it when I don't orgasm.  He always apologizes and asks if I am mad at him.  I just don't want him to feel insecure about it. 

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Okiee......... u guys r making me want to  go to bed and rape DH lol.......... THANKS ALOT !! lol   ~~rolls eyes ~~ he is playin his game though lol

CAgirl1214
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I gave up towards the end because it was too hard, or impossible.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
mommy2xp
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM

it's hard to enjoy it fully when your hormones are all crazy, and got this lump in the way that just doesn't make it the same.  and you are uncomfortable and all that...  let your dh know other ways to please you, such as a foot rub or something like that.  but it's completely normal   it also took me a while after baby to get back into the omg part.  just because i tore and was so sore down there and was so worried about ripping it or something lol

mandamitch
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I had a really hard time getting in the mood or enjoying sex during the first trimester.  Once I got into the second trimester, it was a complete change!  I couldn't get enough!  It was the same way with my first pregnancy as well.

sopranomommy
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Quoting mandamitch:

I had a really hard time getting in the mood or enjoying sex during the first trimester.  Once I got into the second trimester, it was a complete change!  I couldn't get enough!  It was the same way with my first pregnancy as well.

That's how I've been which is sooo unlike me. LOL. I can usually go months in between and not have so much as an urge. Not now. It's the exact opposite.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)