• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharp shooting pains in groin and hip...why??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

In the past week I have been experiencing shrp shooting pains in my groin, more towards the inside of my thigh, and hip. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing it? If so what should or could I do about it, if anything? and Should I be concerned???

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmas_mama07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I have been going through the same thing, but mine i shooting lower. Like right under my female parts. :) My dr said its because its my second pregnancy and the baby has already decended into my pelvis, causing it to hurt. He told me just to lay down and keep my feet proped up if I was on my back, or keep at least on pillow between my knees if I was on my side.  

*Randi*
fiance to Caleb 4*7*06
mama to Emma Grace 4*15*07
waiting on our first son 10*18*09

Tatt2edMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

its in that area too, its like it moves to all the places i mentioned at one time.

MommyIvy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Its just where the baby is hitting the nerve. I had that all the time.

PregoInCO
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I am having the same issue - it started a few days ago. I called my doctor today and she said it is called Round Ligament Pain. It is normal and you can take Tylenol to relax it, but it is really uncomfortable!

ashybaby87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Same here

Quoting MommyIvy:

Its just where the baby is hitting the nerve. I had that all the time.

LadyIPNK
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Throughout your pregnancy, your hips will spread apart. I know the pains well that your talking about. I was born with arthritis in my legs & BOOOOOOOOOOY does it kill. Its normal tho. Sucky but normal.

cali4niachef
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Round ligament pain. As your uterus grows and it pulls on this ligament that supports the uterus. Normal. 

~ Cindy
Mama to Reed and Jonas, wife to Rodney, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, Student Midwife, certifiably non-certified doula by choice, professionally trained baker, coffee addict, lactavist, birth junkie, born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, born-again Christian and attachment parenting mama!
EuphoricBirthServices.com

ShellyOtero
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Ugh!  I feel for you because I had the SAME exact pain in the same area that you're describing in my last pregnancy and I remember posting a question just like yours....and no one seemed to know what it was.  Thankfully, this pregnancy...so far, no pain....however, I never found out what it was...and eventually it did go away around 30 weeks or so.

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
eSnA2008
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

I GET THOSE AND MINE HAVE BECOME MORE CRAMPY SO YESTERDAY I WENT INTO  MY OBS OFFICE AND HE SAID SINCE IT IT MY THIRD AND HES VERY LOW THE BABY WAS ON A NERVE AND IT WONT GO AWAY TILL I HAVE HIM...

pregnancy week by week

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)