Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protein in urine ??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

So i went for my check up yesterday i'm going on 32weeks and the nurse said they found protein in my urine. . she didnt seem to be worried she said they will just monitor it and check my urine every time i go in . which they norma;;y do anyways .. When the dr. came in he didnt mention it and neither did i . now i'm thinking about it and wondering if i should have mentioned it to him or if it was something to be concerned about wouldnt he mention it ?? So should i be concerned about this ?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Well how has your blood pressure been.If its been fine then you don't have much to worry about at all.If your blood pressure is high then they will end up monitoring you a lot and believe me it sucks.I had pregnancy induced hypertension and at 30 weeks I started to see them every week and by 35 weeks I was in twice a week and then at 37 weeks the day before my appt I had to have my son because my blood pressure was sky high.Everything went fine though.If you want you can ask them about it at your next appt.If you have any spots or blurred vision or a horrible headache that won't go away then tell your doctor or if its the weekend go to the hospital.

aimige
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:07 PM

They did the same thing to me.  They checked mine 3 times and it had protien.. I was doing fetal stress tests 2 days a week, I was swelling really bad and my blood pressure was going up...They had me see a male midwife at one of my appointment and said "oh it happens sometimes"... I ended up being induced for all those reasons....We are military and in the clinic if you doc isn't there you see who they have available... I made sure my new doctor for this pregnancy knew of all my issues with my last pregnancy and told her what I expected to happen..

tiffquin
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:10 PM

my blood pressure has been ok .  but i will make sure when i go back in two weeks to mention it to the Dr. if the test comes out like that again ..

Thank you ladies for your input !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)