Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling nervous today... has anyone else done this?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

First of all let me say-I HATE the first trimester because I just worry through it!  I'm 6 weeks (I think-best I can figure) pregnant with my second child.  I started having sore breasts and they started firming up almost immediately (was one of my first signs but I was scared to think I was and then be dissapointed), before I even knew I was pregnant.  Then I missed my period and I still waited because my cycles have been really off, plus I was charting and wasn't seeing evidence that I definitely was like I did with my first.  So I finally took a test on the weekend when my hubby was home and it was positive.  YAY!  But now I'm so nervous about losing this one and I don't know if I'm just being an extreme worry-wart or if it's actually something to worry about.  Yesterday my breasts were tender and very full/swollen (I was thinking I was going to need a new bra fairly soon).  Today are maybe slightly tender and not near as swollen and full as before.  I'm worried that's a sign I could be losing this one.  Has anyone else felt a fluctuation in hormones where symptoms aren't nearly as noticeable?

Stacey

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PawstheMoment Photos by Stacey. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashleykilleen
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

bump

ttcpreview image

thegoddessvenus
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I had fluctuations also. I would go through like 2 or 3 days of my boobs almost killin me and then the next day all of a sudden they're lightly tender and not as full. My doc said it was normal because our hormones fluctuate so much in the first trimester. I'm now 14 weeks 2 days pregnant. If you still are feeling unsure call your doc and tell them and they'll be able to help you thats what they are there for. Best of luck!!!

LuckyClown
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM

mine have gone kind of back and forth many times throughout this pregnancy- at 35 weeks I am still not sure which chest I will wake up with..some days they are perky and firm, others they are like jello, ... though they are constantly bigger than pre-pregnancy, their consistancy leaves much to be desired... also... one nipple feels like it's been rug burnt (no..it hasn't been ) while the other is just chillin.... they have a min dof their own...

Rodneysmom06
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I'm very glad to hear others of you have felt fluctuations too.  I don't remember if I did with my first.  Thank you for responding!  I actually don't see my doc for nearly a month-he won't see you until 7 wks, and then that was the first appointment available.   And then unfortunately he won't be my ob-he just does gyn now but will see you for your initial visit.  I'm hoping to get his advice on who to go to at my appointment, but feeling like I'll be so behind by then!  For my first son I didn't have just one doc-saw a whole team-and I wasn't happy with that so I want to try something different.  Anyhow, thank you for the information.  It's made a feel a little better.  I think if my symptoms haven't returned tomorrow I'll call the doc, although I know at this point if something is happening there's nothing they can do.

Stacey

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PawstheMoment Photos by Stacey. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
marinewife0311
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM

im 5weeks 2 days and i have felt nervous every day just like you. im soo glad that im not the only one.  i have had two girls and idk why this time im scared everyday that ill start to bleed or somethign will upset my uterus. i finally decied today till i go for my first apt in 5 weeks that twice a week ill take a dollar store pg test to kinda re-efirm the pregnancy ive wanted this baby for a year, and this was the best solution plus its an cheap fix for my thoughts:)

AirForceWifeJen
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I know how you feel, I am also nervous about this pregnancy. This will be my third but i haven't had any symptoms except for peein alot. With the other two I had every symptom imaginable. Don't stress to much because it isn't good for you. Good luck to you and hope u have a healthy and happy baby.

Jamaica_Gyal
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 12:15 AM

This is my first also, and at times I think "bad" thoughts but I quickly push them out. I dont want to go through my first trimester on edge. That stress will liabley make something bad happen. SO I just put it all in Gods hands. I prayed for this baby, and it took awhile to come and  I just have faith that God has a plan for my child. With this thinking i am enjoying my pregnancy very much.

My symptoms come an go. Mainly its just slight pressure in my abdomen, and swollen breasts. Other than that, I wouldnt even know I was pregnant.

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)