• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if it's braxton hicks or something else...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

This is my second successful pregnancy and I'm 27 weeks pregnant. Earlier today, I started to get dull then escalating sharp pains that wouldn't last longer than a few seconds. The pain is like on the far sides of my belly almost to my back. I never had pains like this in my first pregnancy. It's not low or near my pelvic region and my baby's still moving around like usual it doesn't like he's dropped down any. I have an OBGYN appointment tomorrow and then next week a doctor's appointment. But I was curious as to what this might be.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mjimaging
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM

My braxton hicks were just the total tightening of my whole belly, it listed a few seconds and was done.  It might happen a few times after but in the end it was done.  Didn't hurt or anything, just weird pressure and tightening.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

ARichey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Somtimes when I had braxton hicks I had sharp pains like that. You will especially if your not taking it easy. Lay down or take a warm bath, if resting doesnt help you should call your dr. If your having cramping in your back or groin like period pains, you need to be checked out. Good luck!

ashybaby87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Sounds like they may be Braxton Hick to me.

Reds33
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
I get Braxton Hicks very regular now for me its the complete tightening of my stomach not much pain like contractions but a definite discomfort im 3 days away from 38 weeks so they are more frequent now almost daily...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)