Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Rashes

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

I keep getting these little rashes all over my body and they itch so bad!  Mostly on my legs and then today I have it on my neck and chest area!  Its driving me crazy, does anyone else have this problem, if so please let me know!  I am about 10 weeks pregnant, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ashybaby87
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I didn't get a pregnancy rash or anything but i know sometimes Oatmeal baths help with things like that... but maybe call your doctor? Hope it goes away soon though cuz the itching thing would drive me crazy!!

cowgurl_ash
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I don't remember what its called but I had it with my son at the very end..  Try some benadryl..  I read on a website that women carrying boy babies get them a lot because of the male hormone being put into your body.  *I'm not saying thats 100% correct though, its just something I read.*

Pregnancy ticker

marhia
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Its called PUPPS i got it with my last daughter it is very aggravating but it eventually goes away, I had to bathe in baby oil and lotion all the time

jerbear83
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have never had acne or anything like that even when I was a teenager, just a pimple here or a pimple there, but nothing bad at all. Since I have been pregnant I have gotten the worst rash all over my chest, neck, along my jaw line, the back of my neck, my shoulders, and by back. It's hundreds or red raised bumps that itch and itch and itch. Of course, I take a shower daily and I haven't used anything new to bathe with. So, I feel your aggravation! I have a Dr. Appt. next week and i will be asking about what I can do. I will let you know what the doctor tells me about it.

jldavis2
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Yeah please let me know!

Thanks!

cali4niachef
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Gosh it's a bit early to be getting PUPPS :O(

I had it with my first REALLY bad.

Take tepid oatmeal baths, soak for at least 20mins. Several times a day if possible.

Benyadryl, if this doesn't work you might need a stronger Rx for an anti-histimine.

SARNA lotion (OTC), bought at pharmacy. Keep in your refrigerator! 

~ Cindy
Mama to Reed and Jonas, wife to Rodney, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, Student Midwife, certifiably non-certified doula by choice, professionally trained baker, coffee addict, lactavist, birth junkie, born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, born-again Christian and attachment parenting mama!
EuphoricBirthServices.com

berinlove
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 2:01 AM

i have been getting the same thing! ! ! i neverrr have problems with my skin being dry [not that it is oily, either], but all the sudden i just started getting reallyyy itchy on my thighs, neck, chest, and shoulders! ! ! i thought i was just going crazy. lol.

i am eighteen years old, a senior in high school, a mother of an angel baby, in love with my high school sweetheart, engaged soon-to-be air force wife, and trying to conceive another baby. you may think i am too young, but life for me has never been better!

masesmom
by on Jun. 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM

When i got PUPPS it wasnt till the last month and a half or so.  I didnt think it started this early???  Also im pretty sure PUPPS starts on your stomach and spreads from there.   And it is most common when pregnant with boys.   

I was induced a week early because it was so severe and i was starting to fever from it.  it began to clear the next day, boy that was a great feeling:)

Not sure if thats what you have, but if it is, boy your in for a long pregnancy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)