Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is what i'm feeling BH contractions?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
Sitting at my desk at work today, I was feeling my little guy kick, as I am used to. I'm 35 weeks and 4 days, so it's not unusual to me (I thought) to feel his kicks right at the line where the band of my bra goes around, right near my breastbone. I know he's head down, so I assumed I was just being pummeled by his feet - no biggie. Then I started noticing that while I was getting the "kicking" sensation, the area where I was feeling it - my ab area - was getting very hard to the touch. I am overweight, so when people have described their BH contractions as their bellies getting tight and hard, I wasn't sure I'd ever feel that, because of extra fat/skin. Am I stupid - was what I was feeling BH contractions? Do any other "symptoms" come with them? I'm also asking because I know you're supposed to call the doc if you're having more than 4 an hour, even if they don't hurt, and I don't want to rush to L&D only to look like a moron if they tell me, "Hey idiot, that's just him kicking." Help!
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Well when I get them I usually also start feeling like its hard to breathe and I have to open my mouth and breathe.It could have been BH or maybe the baby was pushing out.Sometimes I have trouble telling too because I'm overweight as well.Its ok though if you go in and its just the baby moving.I had 8 BH on sunday and I didn't go in because they didn't hurt and then they did go away.If they go away when you move around then it probably was BH too.I'm 35 weeks and 3 days.Congrats!!

mrsjoeljr
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Haha, you are not the only one worried about looking silly!I thought I was having bh's a lot one morning, but I wasn't sure...I felt really stupid telling my doctor I may be having them but I wasn't sure. For me, it felt like the baby suddenly started pushing against me with her head very steadly for several seconds. I know now pretty certainly when I'm having them because they are really uncomfortable and take my breath away. Sorry I'm not much help, what you're having is probably them, but since I can't diagnose my own, I can't tell you for sure. :)

CafeMom Tickers
livewell
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Sounds like them to me, and it is TOTALLY normal and natural.

Imagine it this way...your womb is a large muscle (as is your vagina). It is getting ready for the all-time world championships. It will have one day/night of preformance where it has to exert huge power to deliver your baby.

BH is it doing it's excercises...pumping iron...

LOL

You can further prepare by doing your kegel excercises...(click here to go to the Wikapedia on kegal)

Pregnant with our 5th, and he's a boy! Thank goodness we both work from home!Pregnancy ticker

maybebaby15
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM

bump...

Check out my pregnancy blog! http://bambinoblog.wordpress.com

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)