Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it common....?(possible tmi)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM
  • 9 Replies

is it very common to have diareahha(sp?) in your third trimester alot? i just turned 30 weeks and iv had it like almost every day, and stomach aches ehh :(  does anyone know any tricks, since im sure i cant just take immodium....

pregnant
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
xaviersmamacita
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I Will be 30 weeks on saturday I just now started having the runs so im wondering the same thing!! SO HERES A BUMP!!

Richmond14
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I think it can be normal just cause of all the hormones and the baby getting so big and moving everything around but if it lasts too long i would talk to your dr. just to be sure or to find out something you can take to get some relief:) I had the exact opposite problem, i couldn't go it sucked! Good luck and i hope you feel better!!

virgobaby1978
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM

For the stomach aches I was using Pepto with my last baby. I haven't had that many problems this time around. As far as the other it just depends on the person and the diet.

Come join Mommy's Playground. Where you can talk about anything important to you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourkids4life

mrsmayhugh08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

My midwife actually told me for the diarrea that I could take immodium AD..   I'm 37 wks 3 days and I've have the poopies for a few weeks now..  SUCKY!! 

Christina...
Mom to Matthew Jr & Jacob Noah, Wife to Matthew Sr

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:25 PM

my question is.......... how much water u all drinking ???    keep hydrated.......

AzIzAzIzA
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:13 AM

actually this pregnancy and my last i got the runs too.  Its not fun.  Personally i get a bit gassy and sour tummy as well.  I have been told that since the baby is bigger and pushing on the stomach and all the other organs, it gets harder to digest and get things thru ur system, plus all the hormones!! 

i was told immodium is fine, but PEPTO is a big no no, it has something like aspirin in it. 

just make sure u are drinking more water and try eating more binding foods....like bananas-boiled potatoes-dry toast and some tea (no milk).  if it gets worse, it could be a virus/bug.  if not---it'll be over soon!!  no matter what-mention to ur DR at ur next appt. 

GOOD LUCK MOMMIES

you rock

pregnancy week by week

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Mazie0723
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 7:20 AM

That is the worst thing to take during pregnancy.. I have always been told not to use pepto b/c and can harm the baby.. To the OP I would get it bad but I never took anything but I'm almost 100% sure you can take Imodium AD. You can call your doc or the after hours on-call. Hope you feel better soon..

Quoting virgobaby1978:

For the stomach aches I was using Pepto with my last baby. I haven't had that many problems this time around. As far as the other it just depends on the person and the diet.

Bmomma2
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I tend to go the more natural rout...try eaters digest tea by traditional medicinals...I swear by it!!!!  Ginger, fennel, peppermint are all good for the tummy...do you take probiotics??  They help too!!  Feel better mommies!!!!  Drink lots of water!!!!

pregnancy due date
BibusMommy3
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Oh trust me I know exactly how that feels. I'm 31 weeks and 6 days pregnant and that's been happening to me alot, like it will start and then go for a couple of days and then come back. It sucks really but you can def. take Immodium....I have a list of things the dr. approves for you to take for all sorts of stuff during preg. but obviously I can't find it right now lol. But it's pretty normal in the last couple of months, remember your little one is growing alot faster and moving everrryyyttthhing around, plus the hormones on top of that, you do the math. Well either way best wishes and good luck! I hope we both feel better and anyways remember it will be over soon when you have your baby in your arms! If you ever need to talk you can PM me or add me as a friend if you want ok? Don't hesitate....xoxo

*Amarilis*    

expecting baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)