• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AS IF My day cant get worse!! GROUP B!! DO I FREAK OR NOT!!??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:20 PM
  • 15 Replies

As if my day cant get worse!! Long story... But i also found out I tested positve for Group b. I never had it before in my last two pregnancies and now this one I do.. I feel disgusting!! So I googled it and it said that babies can die from it and its sounds really serious and scary!! So NOW IM FREAKING OUT!! What is it?? Has anyone had it? What happens? Im REALLY NERVOUS WILL EVERYTHING BE OK if there treating me with antibotics during delivery??

ANYONE PLZ...

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotmoma2006
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Its doesnt mean your nasty hun. I had it with my first pregnancy and was treated for it with two bags of IV fluids during labor that will prevent baby from getting it and all my children are healthy so dont worry you and baby will be fine. A lot of women have it. More than you would think its just not something that comes up during convorsation lol. Relax

ApawlakUSA
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Thanks... My doc was in such a rush today that she didnt give me anytime for qs!! Kinda pissed me off!! I just felt like I was dirty or something!! LOL But thanks for explaining!

Im am a SAHM mom of two beautiful children who are 3 and 2, they are the loves of my life along with my HUsband. We are expecting baby #3 July 6, 2009. I believe in GOD and I believe in Angels and that kids are a glimpse into what an angel is really like. Your heart is your love, your love is your family, your family is your future and your future is your destiny!! I live in the moment and enjoy life to its fullest!
pregnancy
GardenMama924
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM

youre not nasty or dirty GBS is a normal bac found in a womans va jay jay or anus. I dont want to scare you but it can be bad...... my second ( i tested pos with both) ended up getting spinal meningitis when he was two weeks old due to late onset GBS........... He was in the hospital for 2 weeks and it was not pleasant but he is now 2 and very healthy. ( I did have the meds but as with anything eles NOTHING is 100% just keep that in mind (and i am in no way saying dont take the meds, i am glad i still took that precaution cause at least i know i did all  could))GL and just stay calm

divamommao
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I had it with my third pregnancy. They give you anitbotics. I was on them the whole time I was in labor and before. But I was induced.  And my daughter is a happy healthy almost 15 month old.  I freaked out at first also. But then after talking to the doctor and looking it up I felt a little better.

Momma of 4: Jazlyn (6), Jacquez (3), Jo'Nika (1), Jay'Dyn Ray (due 9-2-09). Proud Wifey to Do'Shan.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 12:06 AM

you are not nastey.  read about it online, make sure you know all the risks for baby.  and you should get antibiotics during labor to do all you can to protect your baby..   make sure next appt your dr takes the time to answer your questions.  make a list this month so you are prepared.  try to relax, there is nothing you can do about it just prepare yourself all you can

kittybrink
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM
So not a big deal if they catch it before you give birth. They gave me an IV of antibiotics as soon as I was admitted to the hospital. I ended up having my dd C-section so then the strep didn't matter. The only bummer was I had a fever my whole labor and gave her some other infection she had to be treated for!
jenny_1012
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM

You are not nasty..I tested positive with my first 2 girls..I'm guessing i will be positive with this one too...They just give u a iv with antibotics when you are in labor..Both my girls came out healthy

other_mother
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM
My aunt has worked in my OB office as a nurse practitioner for 10 years. She told me at my last appointment that my dr would be doing the test the next time I was in. She also told me not to worry if I had it-- that in the entire time she has worked there, there was only one case where they were afraid the baby would die and that was because the person refused to be put on antibiotics during labor for religious reasons and refused to have their baby treated for the same reasons. Child Protective Services had to step in so the baby could be treated. Don't worry about it. Alot of people have it, and as long as you get antibiotics during labor it should be fine.
pregnancy calendar
CowgirlMamma555
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I had it with both mine... It's a normal bacteria, and since they caught it before birth, you'll get an IV full of meds, the baby will get meds if he/she shows any signs of infection, and ya all will stay in the hospital for 3 days for observation. Ya it can be serious, but rarely. So take a deep breath and relax!

SunshineSmiles
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM

hey man, that doesnt make you nasty! lol, but i did feel like that at first too.

i tested positive with my first, and we just assumed i was positive with my 2nd.

my first came out and tested positive for it, we had to stay an extra 10 days in the hospital to administer antibiotics, came home, everything is gravy, he's 2.5yrs old now!

my second (4months old) came out with no problems!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)