Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Stuff Poll!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Supplying Babies Nursery By....

Options:

Most of items from Shower, Family, Friends

Most of items from On Our Own

Other... Because there always is other... :oP

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

I am practically a single parent (even though I'm married), no family (only one sister, no parents or inlaws), and only work friends (more like aquaintances)... (which I don't mind because I'm a loner anyways...)

One of my coworker was all like... you should have a baby shower... which I really don't care about, because I am the type of person who just goes out and gets things for myself... I really don't depend on anyone for anything... not even husband...

I just plan on getting everything... telling my husband to fork over half the money... and call it a day.

I don't have one thing for the baby yet... 30 weeks pregnant already... just money I am saving and an extensive wish list on walmart.com, target.com and babies r us.com. Very organized. Not much clothes, because they grow out of it in like 2 to 3 weeks, not much toys, because they are mostly to entertain us, not the baby. Tons of onsies (because they stain easily), wash clothes, and recieving blankets. (makes excellent draw liners etc afterwards)

I was just wondering how people are supply for babies arrival.

Either...

Hoping to get everything from shower, on our own... etc

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jessicahall1985
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:31 AM

i put other because with my 17 month old it was 1/2 and 1/2... now with this one i'm using alot of stuff from my dd oplus other stuff from family.... it just seems like someone in my family is always poping out a baby so we just keep sending stuff around in a circle... lol

divamommao
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM

I chose other because we bought everything. I like to be prepared. I am 29 weeks 4 days and we have everything for the baby. we had to only buy a few new things. I have never had a baby shower with any of my kids.

Momma of 4: Jazlyn (6), Jacquez (3), Jo'Nika (1), Jay'Dyn Ray (due 9-2-09). Proud Wifey to Do'Shan.

April282008
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:29 AM

This is our first baby, so I know we'll get some help from our friends and families, especially my husband's family b/c both of my parents and my grandmother have passed away and I don't have any brothers or sisters..  We live about 13 hours away from all of our friends and family, so we aren't having a baby shower, but some of them will buy things online and have them shipped to our house.  My MIL is buying us a Pack 'n Play, my husband's grandmother is buying the stroller & carseat travel system, my aunt is buying the swing, and I know my 2 closest girlfriends will send me clothes or a gift card, and my FIL will buy something else we need (just not sure what yet).  We'll be buying the crib, dresser, bedding set and nursery decor, all the essentials like bottles, shampoo, soap, lotion, diapers and creams, ect... a bouncer, a highchair, blankets, sheets... pretty much everything else, but we will have help with some of the big things.

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM

With both of my children we got alot of the smaller items at the babyshowers (I had one with each), meaning the onsies, bottles, pacifiers, toys, blankets etc. Most of the larger items we intended to buy  ourselves (crib, changing table, diaper pail, moses baskets, car seat etc)... but my FIL wanted to buy the baby's crib, so we let him (he lives thousands of miles away and he wasn't feeling very involved in the preparations).

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church. I am very conservative and a proud Republican.              Aimee

TigerBaby69
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM

My inlaws are making me have a double baby shower with my step daughter who is 3 days further along then me..lol...
I had a baby shower with my first and really really really don't want to have one with this one because there is no point. I only know like 3 people so seriously there is no point at all in having one. With my first I had over 30 people there because it was all my family because DH's family lives here which is 1500 miles away from mine...so we lives 1500 miles away from my family. With my first baby shower with my daughter, I got everything I needed from the crib to booties...we got EVERYTHING we needed. With this one I just want to get the things I want that I like and I pick out on my own.

babies
babies
gradysmom2006
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I plan on us providing the bulk.  However, both of our families love to give us things for Grady so I am sure they will do this same with this one.  But nothing is expected.  My best friend is already talking about a shower...but we're not going to have a shower.  I want a "welcome baby" party instead.

Pregnancy ticker
Lbbguard01
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

pretty much everything for baby will be provided by me. i have bought all the clothes myself. as for blankets i bought fabric and my mom will be making them she is a professional seamstress so they get done in like 15 minutes each lol the crib and bassinett where mine when i was a baby and the crib was used for my neice and nephew about 10 years ago. my sister has given me a couple of things but not much. i still have to buy stuff mainly little things like bottles diapers and crib sheets. as for big things i just need a crib mattress bouncy seat and i want a different swing than the one i got (it was free) my SO wont be getting anything. he hasnt yet and when its brought up he just says hes not here yet so i dont have to worry about it yet ill probably leave the big stuff i stil need to be bought by him lol im not worriied about the nursery stuff yet cause we r moving sometime in the next month after that i will figure out everything i still need and go and buy it

dkat
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I am alot like you.  This is my first so I am starting from scratch.  I have begun picking up stuff here and there with every paycheck I get.  I figure this way I have time to shop around and get the most for my money instead of getting everything all at once.  I find it hard to rely on other people, prob. since I have always had to do things on my own so I figure when I do things myself they get done and done the way I want them too. 

charrenee
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I put other cause we already have a son and one on the way and I have most stuff already but my friend wants to give me a baby shower or party so i made a little registry with bottles and toys and onesies and stuff and any expensive big stuff we will probably buy on our own or one of our parents will buy it and I also go to yard sales and consignment shops and find baby stuff in good shape, almost new for cheap.

Wife to Danny 7-29-05* mom to Riley 8-10-05* Baby #2 due between 9-26-09 to 10-01-09 It's a BOY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)