Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just traveled with a 9mth old.......

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
  • 2 Replies

......and flying Delta was a nightmare!!!! It was the cheapest, next time I'll pay more to get better service. The employees are just plain rude and didn't offer to ever help me with my bags. I flew alone with my 9mth DD, had an umbrella stroller, a car seat, my suitcase, her little kids suitcase and the diaper bag. We had a layover both ways and on the 4 planes we rode only one had a changing table in the lavatory. Asked if I could just lay down my DDs changing pad on one of the seats in the back (since it wasn't a full flight) and told "no that's unsanitary, you'll have to just put the toilet seat down and chage her there", where all the pubic hairs were. DD had a dirty diaper so I had to do that, glad I brought some chlorox wipes! I packed my daughters spoons and she was starving,all I had as an alternative were cookies. So I asked for a spoon...."no first class might .(I was willing to pay whatever for a plastic spoon) (so they brought one back) "oh someone else had it" and proceeded to hand me a greasy spoon!!!! So the whole plane is sharing this one spoon? Ugh!!!!!! Never ever again!!!!! Hated flying DElta!!!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://m1.lilypie.com/GIxrm5/.png[/img][/url]

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TigerBaby69
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM

OMG! I would call and complain...not that it would do you any good, but still I would complain! She told you put your baby on the toilet to change her? To me that would be unsanitary....and then she gave you a dirty spoon???? I hate Delta, I never take it. I usually use Northwest. The airport near my house only has 2 air carriers..northwest and delta..I got switched flights all together and had to go delta and refuse to ever go with them again! They are so rude! I think one of the qualifications for that job is to be a complete jerk who doesn't care about anyone. Seriously!

babies
babies
GardenMama924
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM

the 1st time i ever flew was when i was 19 and my 1st son was 2 mos. ever since then i have only been on a plane once out of all the times i have flown without the kids. 1 or both. (the one time was with hubby when my mom sent us on a 4 yr late honeymoon. it was great) anyways. i have always had kids in tow and all the 'crud' that goes along with traveling with them. i have flown a few of the airlines and i have to say that Southwest is my top pick! they are always really nice and helpful. they have even helped me calm the kiddos if i was having too much trouble. (like both went off at once) I bfed both of my kids and did so no the plane in my seat (covered of course as i am a modest person) and they had no problem with it! i dont remember if the bathrooms had a changing table but i aways changed them at the air port or in my seat. anywho try them next time you fly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)