Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange discomfort.... Please read

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay ladies I need your help and I am hoping you can help me.  I have been having a pain which I thought was heartburn but now I am not so sure.  I have it mostly at night and it is keeping me from sleeping.  This pain is under my breast right where my stomach begins.  It hurts so bad no matter which side I sleep on or how many pillows I sleep on.  I have been using Mylanta but it is not working at all.  I had heartburn with my dd but it was more in my chest and Mylanta would help.  Anybody had this problem or have any suggestions? 

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mewit2mms
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM

does ur pain go straight thru to ur back?  it almost sounds like gallbladder pain to me...  good luck momma

armywife0614
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I have that same pain, and i have had it for awhile now. To me, it almost feels like it is my bra rubbing the skin raw, but when I sleep (braless), I get a weird pain when I lay on either side for to long. If I scratch that area, it feels numb...so thats why I thought that it was just my bra rubbing the skin raw because when I sit, my breast kind of sit right on top of my stomache, but I dont know why I get the pain at night too when im not wearing anything.

I was going to ask my doctor about it at my last appt, but decided it probably wasnt a big deal, so I didnt. But now that I know im not the only one, maybe I will ask him at my next one on Wednesday. I never felt it with my first, but have been feeling it with this one for quite sometime now and I am 37 weeks.

pregnancy week by week

Think Pink Pictures, Images and PhotosFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies
sassy_sweet_blu
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM

I see that ur 31 wks.......... have u ever thought that its the baby pushing on organs to get comfy in there??   I soooooooooo have this problem with this child.   I know exactly what ur talkin about in the pain.  I was just tellin everyone....... ooooooo i havn't felt nothing in my rib cage...... UGGGGGGGG this last week has been horrible  !! One of the reasons why i can tell its the baby is..... i can push on my belly where the pain is..... i mean not hard hard but really push and the baby will eventually move and the pain goes away.   Maybe when u lay down its just how the baby gets comfy ???   I would try it.  Its not goin to hurt anything.......   Just today i had to go lay down to stretch my belly out cause as i was eating the baby must of been pushing upwards into my digestive system.  I couldn't hardly swallow.  As soon as i stretched out the pain went away.

yayay15
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM

This sounds exactly like what I have had....I had a constant pain right at the top of my stomach...it was in the middle right between my rib cages!!  I spoke to three doctors about this and they all told me it was Acid Reflux.  I had this twice during this pregnancy, never had it before, and both times it lasted about a week.  It was a horrible constant pain and I couldn't eat.  My doc told me to take zantac, I would call them tomorrow if you think that might be it.  I did not take anything for it, it just went away after about five days and has luckily not come back!!!  good luck!

toolmommy
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Just in case, I would get your blood pressure checked. The pain could be associated with high blood pressure. Either way, I would mention the pain to your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)