Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been in a pool this summer?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

We go the our apt. pool but I never get in because I don't have a maternity bathing suit. But today I put my two piece underneath a maternity shirt and sleep shorts and IT WAS FANTASIC!

I felt so good, my upper back wasn't hurting like it usually does, my lower back/butt bone wasn't hurting, the weight of my belly wasn't holding me down and I could even carry my son!!!!!!

OH I DIDNT WANT TO GET OUT! And of course as soon as it did I started hurting again! : (  This was the first time I have been in a pool while pregnant so I was just amazed at how great I really did feel.

Does it feel just as good for you to get in a pool?

pregnancy calendar

babies
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I'm not pregnant this summer, but I was last year!  My daughter was born at the end of July and the apartment pool was my lifesaver!  The feeling of weightlessness was amazing and, like you, I never wanted to get out!  The second you do, though, it's like "Hello, gravity...hello, sciatic nerve pain".  My advice is to use and abuse the pool all you can!  It was a great place for me to stretch and relax....two things I rarely got to do!

candiH
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

Just a question... how do I know if the pain I have in my lower back is sciatic nerve pain? Cause I think that's what I have. I say it's around the butt bone area, which I know it's the best term to describe where the pain is at. lol

pregnancy calendar

babies
bluestarr80
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Yes, I have been in the pool everyday this week! We are very blessed to have a backyard pool until we move into our house next month, especially since we're in TX. I will miss it terribly once it's gone. :-(

emmas_mama07
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Im in the pool at our apartment complex everyday that its not raining! It feels so good!!! Im 23 weeks now and have a very noticable baby bump, but I wear my regular two piece. I dont feel like spending $50 on a swimming suit when my normal one fits fine.

*Randi*happy
fiance to Caleb 4*7*06in love
mama to Emma Grace 4*15*07girl giving flower
waiting on our first son 10*18*09expecting boy

Wish2Be
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I have been to the pool twice already and I love it. Just kinda sucks when your all alone.

I have yet to try floating on my stomach with a snorkle mask and pipe on....what its supposed to do is allow you to breath in comeplete stillness with your stomach and face in the water. Once you are completely still you can feel your baby move more easily :)

I am probably going to jump in the pool again tomorrow ! :)

~ Michelle

armywife0614
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I am 37 weeks and I take my son to the aquatic center pool everyday that the weather is nice enough. We have been there about 15 times so far. I didnt buy a maternity bathing suit, so I just go in my bikini top and board shorts. I was a little self-concious at first, especially with all the little kids looking at me like I was an alien, but now I dont mind. The tankinis give me a stomachache because they are a little tight, so I firgure if people dont like seeing my big belly, then they dont have to look, lol. But I love going to the pool and it gives me more time with my 2 year old son before his little sister is born in less then 3 weeks!

pregnancy week by week

Think Pink Pictures, Images and PhotosFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies
robin1725
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I just ordered a new bikini from Victoria's Secret and should be getting it in this week. I can't stand tankinis or maternity bathing suits. So, as soon as I get it in I will be spending the summer at the pool and/or beach. I don't have any stretch marks or anything like that to worry about so I will proudly display my pregnant belly. I wanted to go so badly yesterday but none of my bikinis fit right now because my boobs have gone up since last summer so I'm pouring out of the tops. It was 107 degrees here yesterday..ugh!

CafeMom Tickers
mjimaging
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Well, I went out and got a maternity suit which I actually like and we went to a major water/amuzement park last weekend.  Granted my MIL and I kept to the lazy river and the shallow part of the wave pool, it was a good time.  I want to get to the city park now.  But being that I am now over 34 weeks pregnant, it's interesting.  My feet hurt from the waterpark we went to.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

LaurenS
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I've only been once this summer. I went to my friend's mom's pool and it felt soooo good. I have a maternity bathing suit that I've had since I was pregnant with my first but the bottoms are kinda tight on my belly so I just roll them down. I think if I owned any bikinis before I got pregnant I would just wear those but I only have one pieces.  

preview image

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

marinewife0311
by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM

We go to the apt pool or the ocean everyday day during the weekend its a wonderful way to spend time, and i didnt want to get out yesterday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)