Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling really lightheaded with nausea

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ever since I found out I was pregnant and started feeling really nauseous, I almost have this feeling like I am going to passout too. I get really light headed almost and if I get up too fast, I get dizzy for a few seconds. I heard that it could be because of dehydration or anemia but I can't see a doctor for another few weeks. Pretty much when I start feeling less nauseous, I start to feel more lightheaded. Has anyone else had this feeling? And what did it turn out to be? Did anything help?

by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jenny301
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Are you sure you are getting enough to eat?  I have to eat about every hour to keep from feeling like that.  I just eat small snacks/meals all day long.  Hope you feel better soon!!

armywife54
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I might not be, it's hard for me to eat because I feel so sick all the time. I am going to try to call my doctor tomorrow to get something for nausea. Thanks for the advice, I never thought of that. I am going to get some saltines and snack on them more often.

TheDoula
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Be sure to ask side effects of anything they would give you for nausea.  Also asking for the physicians desk reference is important so you know what classification (how safe) the drug is for your little one. Sometimes the light headedness is from the change in blood pressure when you stand up (You have an increase blood supply when you are pregnant).  It is good to see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen Verdery CD(DONA)

educatedbirthing.vpweb.com

StarMommy06
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:21 PM

i got really lightheaded with my first pregnancy. So much so that I passed out in Menards once... It went away when I got into my 2nd trimester.

ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I used to always get the dizzy feeling when i was pregnant. Nothing seemed to really help. I was told to lay off the sweets (i had a sweet tooth!) & that didnt help. Drink a lot of water, that didnt help either. But i was told it was normal (at least for my pregnancy) if that makes you feel any better.

supermomofgirls
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM

I had the same problem exactly went to my ob regular appoinment and my blood pressure was 90/60 really low and very common for women to have when pregnant. My doctor told me when getting out of bed or a chair dont get up right away sit up first or if getting up from a chair get up slowly.you need to have a small snack every hour at least I try to and to stay away from soda and to drink gatorade or water things that will keep you hydrated and your electrolyes up.hope this helps.I havent felt lightheaded sense I have been trying to follow doctors orders.

sj51285
by on Jun. 24, 2009 at 9:55 PM

everyone is different but my doctor told me to eat more protein.  i couldn't eat a lot at one sitting so they said anything with lots of protein, it was hard to eat a piece of of meat mid day so peanuts and peanut butter were great.  most symptoms go away by the end of your current trimester.  good luck!

prd2b_calledmom
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 3:40 AM

i got so lightheaded and dizzy with my first pregnacy i passed out several time. a few times in the shower, and hit my head. my dr never could find a cause for it, and it did many tests.

its just now starting again with this pregnacy, but it hasnt gotten too bad yet. and hopefully it stays that way

but good luck! i agree with the mom who said eat more. my dr put me on Zofran for my nausea, and it helped for a few weeks, and now it doesnt seem to do much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)