Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

fireflies in my eyes

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone else get those white fire flies in their vision? Ugh they have been coming and going all day and my head hurts like crazy...Tylenol is NOT helping.

by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAgirl1214
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM

that could be a blood pressure problem.  You might be developing pre-ecclampsia.  I'd get it checked out if i were you.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
excougarmama
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 1:36 AM

I have had to be induced early due to severe pre-e 3 times. But I have never had these swimmy things in my vision. hmmmm I did wake up with elephant ankles today.

It's Saturday and I am supposed to see my dr on Tuesday. Guess I should just live with it until then.

CAgirl1214
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Quoting excougarmama:

I have had to be induced early due to severe pre-e 3 times. But I have never had these swimmy things in my vision. hmmmm I did wake up with elephant ankles today.

It's Saturday and I am supposed to see my dr on Tuesday. Guess I should just live with it until then.

have your blood pressures been okay?  Maybe you could go to a drug store and check your blood pressure tomorrow and if it's high go in.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
youngfirsttimer
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 3:05 AM

I get those a lot sometimes when I'm dizzy or really thirsty... Hate them because you see them but you cant really put your eye on them... Im only 9 weeks but thats been happening to me for a long time.

Fetus.jpg Fetus image by yukisangel_always

elismom122003
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 3:12 AM

I get them when I stand up too fast, probably due to blood pressure, and I do get them other times, just randomly, but mostly from standing up too fast. It would be a good idea to check your blood pressure.

pregnant

excougarmama
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM

My BPs have been slightly high but nothing to cause alarm.

157/82 type of stuff.

I have an automatic BP cuff here at the house that I monitor with twice a day. So far nothing crazy.

eSnA2008
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM

i get those al the time and my bp is not high at all, its just a pregnancy thing but like some of ths pp said it could be your bp..so if your has been running high thats why but if not hen its just because ur pregnant mama..

pregnancy week by week

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
marzymarz
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM

i just went to the DR and my BP was normal and at the time didnthave swelling. My swelling comes and goes some days it is horrible. I also have had those things crawling on my eye balls a few times lol. Sort of looks like something microscopic on there swimming by lol, i thought i was crazy!!!

MonLeighB
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I have been getting that regularly for 10 years. It has to do with my medical condition. For me, my BP will either skyrocket or drop like crazy (it has to do with the vasovagal response - the system that regulates blood flow when you change positions) and it means that my system isn't working properly at the time. When I experience it I have to lay down cuz if I don't I will fall unconsious (either simply blacking out or actually passing out and hitting the floor).

With pregnancy, I have gotten it a lot recently. I'm on bedrest for high bloodpressure and the doc trying to ward of preeclampsia (my BP has been 140/90). 140/90 is usually a the starting point of them worrying about it and they'll do blood work ups and urinalysis. If mine reaches 160/110 they'll induce.

I'd definitely mention the "fireflies" to your doctor... it could mean a number of things... some no cause for concern, and some meaning something.

Lilypie
Bmomma2
by on Jun. 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM

sounds like it could be blood pressure related...do you have pre eclamsia??  You might be developing it...I would run into your OB's just to check your blood pressure real quick...spots in your vision and headaches are key symptoms of pre eclampsia along with swelling of hands and feet or face sometimes.  Or go to the local drug store and have the machine take your pressure...it should be around 120/80.

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)