Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I suppose I am 2nd Trimester now?:)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

So, last weekend due to some brown spotting which turned out to be a small subchorionic hemmorhage I had to go to the e.r. and they of course did 2 ultrasounds(My first ultrasounds) and according to their measurments, my baby measured almost a week ahead of what I thought! Instead of  being 11 weeks even last saturday, I measured 11 weeks 6 days! So that means that now I am  about 13 weeks even. (Did not change the ticker yet) ..so now I am in the beginning of 2nd trimester right? Everyone has told me that at this stage i should feel like all better but..I totally don't. I still have been nauseous(not AS bad or as severe tho) and the only change that I really see is that I am waaaaay more hungry! I've also but on bedrest and not gone to work since last week (I have to wait until my ultrasound with my doctor which is July 9 to clear that I can go back to work)  so maybe being bored as something to do with it? But..I don't know..I'm just constantly hungry. Is that normal for the beginning of 2nd tri?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SamanthaRae_bby
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM

i think being hungry is normal during any part or pregnancy. lol.

about the second trimester being better, remember that is just an average statement. it doesn't necessarily begin as soon as you hit 12 weeks. i didnt start feeling better until almost 20 weeks where as 2 friends of mine, 1 didnt feel good up until her 3rd trimester and the other was find throughout her entire pregnancy. each pregnancy is different.

Congrats!

Pregnancy ticker
My baby girl! Coming soon!
ashleykilleen
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM

yes u are in your second now!! Congrats!! and every pregnancy is so diffrent with my son i was throwing up morning noon and nite From week8 untill week 31 when i had him,this time i am about 9 weeks and i feel great no throwing up i feel sick to my stomach at times but over all ive been feeling like myself only hungry and with a baby bump.( i have a ridiculas baby bump already i have a post about it)

Dont worrie hopefully you will start feeling better soon! I hope for your sake you do because i remember what it was like to be sick when preggo.

good luck momma!!!

-ash

expecting baby

i cant believe my little boy is gonna be a big brother!!!

Wonderful Mommy to Sheamus

Loving Wife to Chris

logunsmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I started second tri yesterday (the 5th)!  It's not magical that it is better automatically though.  It is just a rough estimate for some.. It can be icky through the whole thing, or stop anytime... it is not fun trying to guess and pray for a better day.  With my first it was about 20 wks but I didn't start getting sick till i was 13 wks, with my second it was from 6 wks till 18 wks.. with this one it has been nowhere near as bad as the other two were but still not exactly fun...  hopefully soon we will be better! 

What is your due date btw?  Mine is Jan 10th!

klg25
by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Yeah..Thanks! I'm just tired of the nausea! lol. As of right now my edd is Jan 18 but that is subject to change. I have 2 doctor's appts this week and one of them is for an ultrasound so..we'll see if the edd stays the same.

Quoting logunsmommy:

I started second tri yesterday (the 5th)!  It's not magical that it is better automatically though.  It is just a rough estimate for some.. It can be icky through the whole thing, or stop anytime... it is not fun trying to guess and pray for a better day.  With my first it was about 20 wks but I didn't start getting sick till i was 13 wks, with my second it was from 6 wks till 18 wks.. with this one it has been nowhere near as bad as the other two were but still not exactly fun...  hopefully soon we will be better! 

What is your due date btw?  Mine is Jan 10th!

cbartee
by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM

From what my last doctor's visit said I'll be 13 weeks Saturday. My due date is Jan. 16th. The hunger thing is just being pregnant I think. I felt like I was starving with my first one. I am really hungry with this one now that the nausea is letting up some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)