Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight gain..im really scared..

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok girls. Before I found out I was pregnant I just started taking diet pills with Ephedra to help with my weight loss. I was 184 when I found out I was expecting. But my weight sits well and I didn't look over weight or super big. Now. I have been very careful about what I have been eating. And I wait tables in a large busy restuarant, so I am constantly on the move up and down stairs and just walking LOTS. I am so scared to gain a lot of weight, and at my last dr apt. I have gained 10 pounds since we found out. (we found out at 4 weeks, and now I am almost 14)

Can you ladies please share with me how much weight you gained? Was it easy to lose? I was 202 with my daughter the day I delivered and looking back at pics, I was quite big. But  even now I dont look like I weight 194.At least, I dont see it.

Thank you ladies for any advice or helpful words you give!!!:)

How`s my pregnancy doing?
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamad122
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Wow you look gorgeous!

I gained 69 lbs with my daughter and lost 30 within 8 weeks due to breast feeding. It took me another 7 months to lose the last 40 but I only actively made an effort the last 3 months. As soon as I got back to my pre preggo weight of 152 I found out I was pregnant with this one. So, all I can say is no, it's not easy to lose the weight- but it's not impossible either!! Watching what you eat now will hope sooo much! I gained the weight I did because I didn't watch what I ate. This pregnancy will be different! Good luck and congrats!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Icons

ashleykilleen
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM

gaining weight sucks!!!!

when i got pregnant with my son i was pretty heavy i gained 23 pounds with him so when i left the hosptial i weighed 208,i lost the weight gained some of it back and then lost and just kinda yo-yo'd for 2 years i am currently 9 weeks preggo and i have gained 6 pounds so far, which puts my at 186 i am going to try my hardest not gain more 15 pounds with this one, i am only 5 foot 2 so i alrady have a  nice big baby bump since my baby doesnt realy have anywhere to go. i took this pic last night.

expecting baby

i cant believe my little boy is gonna be a big brother!!!

Wonderful Mommy to Sheamus

Loving Wife to Chris

jennparker252
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I am just so worried about getting super big and working in the restuarant and trying to get around people without constantly being in the way. lol. with amilya i had gained about 60, but was not working for the last 2 months. so needless to say with it being in the mid to late summer i didnt do much and the weight packed on so fast.

my goal was to only gain 15, but with gaining 10 so far its not practical to gain only 5 more. do you watch your diet strictly? or just do things in moderation?

idomatter
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM

It's a mystery to me why some women gain weight like crazy during pregnancy, and others don't. With my first child I gained 12 lbs. I was not at all fit and did no exercise. The last three months I didn't even work.

With my current pregnancy, I am 30 weeks and have gained 6 lbs. so far. I am active in my fitness classes and in shape this go round. I do watch what I eat to a point. I allow myself a soda here and there, and ice cream. I fear what that will do for the fat on my body, but I can hit the cardio and diet harder after pregnancy.

I can't see how you'll be able to keep your job up after a certain point, though!

One of the previous replies said her weight gain was addressed with breastfeeding; my first child did not take to it at all. I guess I'll be pumping this time, to shrink the uterus.

Can you extract some advice from this? Good luck!

idomatter
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Oh, and by the way, DON'T TAKE DIET PILLS! Exercise and eat right to maintain lasting weight loss. That diet pill crap is not healthy, and you'll gain weight back when you quit them. The benefits of exercise, even during pregnancy, include good skin and increased muscle tone. Give it a try!

missamanda86
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I think you look great....with my daughter i gained 30 pounds, and 15 of it was gone when i gave birth, 5 from BFing and the other 10 i kept (which was good because i was wayy underweight before i got pregnant with her)....so far with my son (im 34 weeks now) ive only gained 26, and im hoping with exercise, and walking with my BFF (we walked 2 miles a day before i got put on bedrest), it will all go away....heck, the worst thing im hating is my stupid stretch marks lol!

And congrats on your pregnancy too!!

masesmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I was kinda in your shoes.  with my first i gained 55 lbs and i worked at a hotel behind the desk(not much exercise)   well this time around  when i got pregnant i was sure i wanst gonna gain nearly as much, i was working at a VERY physical job for the fist three months as well as exercising regularly, well i was putting on weight at the same rate as with the first.  when i started my other job (cleaning again somewhat active)  i was still putting on weight at the same rate.  I am even eating much healthier with this baby.

I dont know why this is, I ate the same and everything.  By the time I deliver (in three weeks or less) I probly will have gained the same amount as last pregnancy.  Not sure why this is I guess its just some womens bodys.   Also my mother gained about tha same amount with my sister and I so maybe it genetics? Luckily with the first i was able to shep the wiehgt and then some hopefully i can with this one.  and you too! :)

Good luck! :)

Quoting jennparker252:

I am just so worried about getting super big and working in the restuarant and trying to get around people without constantly being in the way. lol. with amilya i had gained about 60, but was not working for the last 2 months. so needless to say with it being in the mid to late summer i didnt do much and the weight packed on so fast.

my goal was to only gain 15, but with gaining 10 so far its not practical to gain only 5 more. do you watch your diet strictly? or just do things in moderation?

Karebear6101
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:39 PM

You are the woman in the picture right? You seriously don't look 184. I know it's hard but try not to worry about the weight gain. You need to make sure that you and the baby is healthy. If you stay busy after you have the baby, you will most likely lose the pregnancy weight that you gained.

jennparker252
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:57 PM

i just love you so much! lol..yes..thats me and actually now i am 194:( ive been trying so hard to eat at reasonable times, but as busy as the restuarant is where i work in, there is no way to have dinner at 'dinner time'..so i usually eat around 10 or 11..which is bad..but i appreciate your kind words..all of you made me feel so much better:)

Quoting Karebear6101:

You are the woman in the picture right? You seriously don't look 184. I know it's hard but try not to worry about the weight gain. You need to make sure that you and the baby is healthy. If you stay busy after you have the baby, you will most likely lose the pregnancy weight that you gained.

britmulvihill
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM
I asked my doctor how much weight was i supposed to gain during pregnancy and he told me that 25-35lbs was a healthy weight gain and I only gained 38lbs and had a 9lb 4oz baby, but most of it melted off the first 2 weeks. This time I'm only 24 weeks ad I have already gained 15lbs! I feel huge! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)