Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nausea uhhh please help !

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I'm almost 8 weeks pregnant and I am always all day every day nauseous. Ive tried crackers and eating small meals all of that and I cant shake it. I cant stand it !! This is my third child my first was a piece of cake no nausea, my second I had it but only right before I vomited and then it left. With this one I feel sick but I never get sick. What can I do ?? I'm so tired of feeling this way.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM
i sucked on peppermints all day long, ate small meals, crackers as a snack between meals, and drank alot of water.

all this made most of my nausea go away, hope this helps. If it dont work ask you OB for a prescip for it that way my life saver.
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM

ask the doc for the phaenagrea (sp?) taking it this time around, what a godsend! im still nauseous somtimes, but once i take it (w/ food!!) it works the rest of the day. it does make me pretty sleepy sometimes, tho

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I am the same way, I have felt like that all day everyday for the last month! It's getting so much worse to the point where I am throwing up now and nothing helps. I called my doctor and they told me there isnt anything that I can do b/c they took the nausea meds off the market b/c they have been proven to cause birth defects. I just hope this gets better sometime soon.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I have this too. I feel yucky during the day mostly. I feel sick and light headed, but i never actually throw up. i hope it goes away in the second trimester. I'm 8 weeks now so have a bit to go. any suggestions would be great. :)

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Im sorry, Im not being mean when I say this, but when I read the title to your post, I was like,  I dont even think that I can read it because it gave me flash backs to when I was nauseaus and vomiting all the time.  LOL!  But seriously though, the only thing that helped me was the phenegran that the doctor prescribed for me.  I couldnt take it during the day though because it makes you sleepy and I have other kiddos.  So during the day  I really just drank cold cold water with lemon juice in it.  And the only thing that I ate were cold foods with hardly any seasonings in them because I didnt want to smell or taste anything much.  so thats what worked for me.  I hope that you feel better.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:40 PM

my doctor prescribed me zophran... but i've heard 7-up works... water helps me a little. 

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:57 AM

if you dont want to use drugs u might wanna try eating watermelon i know it sounds weird but it helped me i was the exact same way. good luck pm me if you want,

by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Yeah I remember when I was having nausea and vomiting only that I didn`t know I was pregnant, so I used to take zophran and when I found that I was pregnant the crackers before brushing my teeth helped a little and drinking  cold water, and eating small and frequent meals, I'm 13 weeks now and all that is gone Thank God¡ good luck everyone.

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Thanks Ladies for all of your help I need it.

by on Jul. 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Absolutely nothing... I was constantly puking, dry heaving and just sick for the first trimesters of both pregnancies.  It was aweful.  With my daughter, I thought she was going to kill me.  I tried everything, the crackers, the giner ale.... nothing worked, I just ended up puking it up like 5 minutes later.  Oh and that lasted til about week 20.  Week 20 was teh marker where I did not puke once a day anymore, but it still happened.  This time around, I'm aobut 22 weeks pregnant and it was just as deathly sick as the first time but not for as long.  I started feeling better on a regular basis around week 15, maybe.

Good luck with the all day sickness... I totally know what you are going through and have felt your misery.  Hopefully it will go away for you soon.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)