Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gas (maybe tmi)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

So every night about 6 or 7 I get really bad gas cramps. I don't know why and its been for like 2 weeks. They are almost painful and it makes me feel like I have to pee every 5 minutes but of course I don't so I keep going to the bathroom hoping something happens but yeah nothing lol. I haven't been constipated but I've only been going #2 like every 2 or 3 days but its not hard to go or anything. but the gas pains at night are killer and I really don't like taking meds unless I have too, so does anyone have any like natural remedies to get the gas down some?  btw I am 14 weeks if that makes a difference.  Thanks!!

Also I have a dr's appt in 2 weeks so i will ask him about it, if it gets worse I will call and see what he thinks.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessicaaris
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM

It could be something you are eating. Did this just start when you got pregnant or sometime since you got pregnant? I can't think of anything off the top of my head but you should research things to help for constipation. I know you said you didn't have that, but it could help get the gas out of your system. Maybe look at what you are eating, if anything could be making you gassy. It could just be one of those pregnancy things too. Sorry I am not more help. Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
idomatter
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I feel your pain! I am 30 weeks, and they seemed to be coming closer together than before. I tried changing my diet, and that helped quite a bit. My OB was like, Oh that's just round ligament pain, so don't be surprised if your dr. doesn't give it much concern. My girlfriend had pretty intense gas pains during her pregnancy, and tried Beano with much success.

Chrissy9479
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Thanks ladies! this is something thats really just started in the past few weeks i guess. It could be something I'm eating but I'm not sure what it would be. The only thing I could think of is i usually have a glass of milk and a snack after dinner/before bed and before I got pregnant I could never drink a lot of milk because it would make me sick to my stomach so I always just have a small glass because i've been really craving it recently, maybe its just giving me gas. I'll try drinking juice instead and see if it helps. If not i'll have to try to the beano and see how that works.  Thanks again!

maybebaby15
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Quoting Chrissy9479:

Thanks ladies! this is something thats really just started in the past few weeks i guess. It could be something I'm eating but I'm not sure what it would be. The only thing I could think of is i usually have a glass of milk and a snack after dinner/before bed and before I got pregnant I could never drink a lot of milk because it would make me sick to my stomach so I always just have a small glass because i've been really craving it recently, maybe its just giving me gas. I'll try drinking juice instead and see if it helps. If not i'll have to try to the beano and see how that works.  Thanks again!

Just so you know (and this is coming from someone who is lactose intolerant, but still eats milk and cheese), any dairy has the tendency to bloat you. Juice can also make you very gassy -- trust me, it took me a month at the beginning of my pregnancy to figure out that my juice box cravings were why my stomach was hurting. Your best bet is just to stick with water; anything else is probably going to just add to your gassy pains!
Chrissy9479
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:28 PM

That is good info thanks! I didn't know juice would too lol, oh well water it is!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)