Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Took Another Test! So confused please help!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

First of all thanks to everyone who has replied to my earlier post.  It helps so much to have answers that are this quick and accurate!

So to catch everyone up...I've been on Mirena since Feb.  I had a baby last June while on Orthotrcylcin.  So I already know b/c pills are not for me.  I decided to get the Mirena after hearing my DR sing its praises. I think that was a mistake but nothing I can do about it now.

Anyway, I've had my period since Feb. Its been on and off but I haven't gone for more than a week without having it. Its really annoying and I've called my DR and complained but they keep saying its normal.  I called a week and a half ago and they told me to take a pregnancy test to rule it out.  So on thursday night I took one of the cheapos. Sure enough there was a line, very light but it was still there.  The next morning I took another and  there was nothing.  So today, two days later I took one and once again there was nothing.

I'm so confused! I'm going to call the DR in the am and hopefully they will see me after I get off work tomorrow.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  I don't understand why one test was very lightly positive and the other two were negative. I thought if the hormone wasn't there then it wont show up.

I even feel different now but I dunno if its just in my head or I really feel pregnant? I'm even getting used to the idea. I was upset at first but now I think I'm okay with it.  My mom thinks that maybe I was pregnant and didn't know it but maybe I lost it already? I think I would have known if I had lost it?  I dunno I'm just so confused! 

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaKatesMom902
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Anyone? I really need some answers??

guera7304
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Let your doctor know there was a faint line and ask for a blood test!!! thats really all you can do at this point.

good luck!

virgobaby1978
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Were they the same type of test or different tests? Different tests have different sensitivities. The Answer test works wonders and also works up to 5 days early. Good luck I hope you find out what is wrong.

shesgot4kidz
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM

did u read the line within 10 mins? cus ive expierenced with SEVERL and i do mean SEVERAL evap lines!!!!! try the first response i got a bfp 4 days b4 my period

EmmaKatesMom902
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM

The line appeared right away! Thats why I'm so confused.  The first two were from the same box.  The second one was an equate test.

starlasmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM

do you have a dollar tree near you? Go get like 3 tests tomorrow take them if there are lines it is a yes! you should post them too cause I dont know why but I like seeing peoples pos tests!

kelleysangels
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM

I was wondering the same thing about you maybe being pregnant earlier and not knowing and you still had a little bit of  hormone in your body when u took the first test.  And maybe it was gone by the time you took the next one.  But then again, Im not sure.  But I would do what the PP said about buying a few dollar tree tests and see what they say. 

MommyIvy
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 2:21 AM

I have the Mirena and it makes me feel like I am pregnant but Im not. I think it may just be the Mirena.

elismom122003
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 2:35 AM

You said the first was a cheapo. I have always gotten very early results with dollar tree tests, although they are very faint. I got a very faint positive from a dollar tree test in the beginning of this pregnancy and a negative at the clinic the next day, so I always think of the dollar tree tests as being quite accurate early on. I would say just go to the doctor. Sorry I'm no help!

pregnant

EmmaKatesMom902
by Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Thanks for all your help Ladies! I'm calling the doctor first thing and going when I get off work. Hopefully my mind will be put to rest either way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)