Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

starting to really hate myself and my husband!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so i had my second daughter about 3 weeks ago. her name is Arianna Jaydalynn-Lee. I absolutly love Jayda for a first name. we never decided her name was Arianna for sure until she was born and my husband said she looks like an Arianna and it would be wrong of me to name her Jayda. well 3 weeks later after him making me feel bad wanting to name her Jayda Im really starting to hate myself because now that Jaydalynn is her middle name i will never be able to name my next daughter Jayda. it breaks my heart. i hate myself because i left my husband make me feel guilty and i hate him for making me guilty! Im just about to say screw what everyone may think and still name my next daughter Jayda no matter what my husband says! i just need some kind of advice.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GardenMama924
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM

why dont you just call her jayda? we have a friend whose name is jonathan gage and everyone calls him gage. its not uncommon

virgobaby1978
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Quoting GardenMama924:

why dont you just call her jayda? we have a friend whose name is jonathan gage and everyone calls him gage. its not uncommon

A.K.A._Mommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM

i thought about that but my other daughters name is savannah rae-alexis and i wanted to call her Lexi for short being her dad made me feel guilty with her and he has a cow over it saying it isnt her name.

Quoting GardenMama924:

shesgot4kidz
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:42 PM

you both should have been really sure and both came to an agreement on a name before naming her!!! prob would have been a good idea...

if i had a name that my husband hated id sit with him or look for names until we both were 100% decided..and liek you siad u didnt know until she was born.. it didnt mean u had to name her the second she was born!!!! but either way its a pretty name and im sure shes not going to care if her name isnt jayda when shes older!

CafeMom Tickers

in lovetoddler girltoddler boybaby boyexpecting baby

Ashley & Tim       khylie Hannah     Malachi David       Ashton TImothy    baby bean :D

ayschia_markie
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Ditto

Your husband sure seems to make you feel guilty a lot....

Quoting virgobaby1978:

Quoting GardenMama924:

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:52 PM

That is a great idea. My brother in-law's middle name is Reece and I didn't find out until after knowing him for 4 years that is wasn't his real first name, it was his middle name. I know a lot of people that go by their middle names.

Quoting GardenMama924:

We love our little Hazel Leann.
pregnancy due date
baby
carolasaya
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:54 PM
I would named the next baby whatever I want! If you are feeling that bad, I would screw what everybody may think!
PrissyKrissy05
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Well, my husband wanted our first daughters name to be Alana (Ah-lane-ah) and I didn't care for it so much. I prefered the name Hailey.. so we compromised and named her Hailey Alana. Well, we found out we were pregnant again and after the shock wore off (I was on birth control), we decided that if we had another girl, he got to pick her first name and I got the middle name. He picked Lisa.. So, we had Lisa Marie all set... Well, I had an ultrasound to confirm my due date and found out we were having twins! Had to think of two boy names and one more girl name! lol... Finally, we decided to name her after my Grandmother, Eloise B=E.B... Alana kind of grew on me for a name, but since Hailey's middle name is Alana, we couldn't use it.. So, anyway, my rambling story made shorter... We now have Hailey Alana, Lisa Marie, and Elaina Beth. I see nothing wrong with using the middle name, as long as it is different in it's own way. You would be taking Lynn-lee off the name, so Jayda could still be used. Or you could always just nickname this daughter Jayda :)

Mommy to 3 Beautiful Daddy's Girls and Wife to a Wonderful Man!

CAgirl1214
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM

i don't see anything wrong with naming your next baby jayda.  i've seen that done.  no one pays that much attention to middle names anyway. 

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
masesmom
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Quoting CAgirl1214:

i don't see anything wrong with naming your next baby jayda.  i've seen that done.  no one pays that much attention to middle names anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)