Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If blood tests showed something wrong, would the doctor call you or make you wait till the next appointment?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

I had my initial blood tests done about 3-4 weeks ago.  I haven't heard anything from the doctors office but I don't know if that is a good sign or just how things are done.  If there was something wrong, whether it was something with the HCG level or positive on the HIV test,  wouldn't they call you rather than have you wait till the next appointment, which would typically be a month away?

by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ryan0407
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM

If something was wrong they would have called you by now. Remember no news is good news.

kgsharber
by Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 7:38 PM

They would call and have you come in sooner. 

CBtatt_splash-1.gif picture by whisperingdragon

TexasRDA
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I had read something in one of my pregnancy books,  I think "What to expect when your expecting", about what to expect at each prenatal appointment.  It said something about the second appointment being when they would discuse any findings from the blood tests from the first visit.  I can't imagine if it were something really bad, that they would wait and not bring it up before the next appointment, but I just don't know how it is done.

I'm a very paranoid person and a big worrier.  I worry constantly even when I'm not pregnant and it is even worse now that I am.  I wasn't exactly an angel before I got married and I have just been really nervous that the blood test would show I had HIV or something else.  I have of course had a child since then, and obviously they did blood tests with her and also when I was in labor,  but I don't know if that was something that was standard to check 6 years ago or not.  I would think that if it were something that big, they would have already called me in,  but I just really don't know how all that works.  I know that I am probably just worrying myself over nothing and this is just another one of my paranoid worries,  but either way it is still worrying me.  I really hope that no new is good news in this case.

MamaJen74
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:14 PM

If there's something wrong, they will call you as soon as they know.  You could always call the nurse and ask for the results if you'd feel better about it.

marriedmomma3
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM

They would call you and tell you to come in.

SamanthaRae_bby
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

In "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and they talk about blood test findings they mean your RH factor. If you had anything like HIV/AIDS or any other kind of blood disease or STDs they would have called and had you come in earlier to discuss factors that include medicines, medicines the baby will need, how certain blood diseases will effect the baby and so on.

So if you doctor hasn't called, don't worry. It's a good thing!

Pregnancy ticker
My baby girl! Coming soon!
2brats1chkymnky
by on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Why don't you call them and ask for your results? I always do and they tell me.

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM

They would call you. When I took my glucose test my iron was just a little low and they called me like four days after I took the test. They have to let you know if something is wrong since you will need special treatment and you can start that up right away. I'm sure you are fine. NO WORRIES.

We love our little Hazel Leann.
pregnancy due date
baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN