Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going numb

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

At night when I sleep my arms go numb. I may not even be laying on them. What could be causing this?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kmstockwell
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Your circulation changes dramatically during pregnancy.  I experienced the same thing.. it never really bothered me except that it woke me up, so I never mentioned it to my doc, but it couldn't hurt to see what they say about it.

2bkayleesmommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

i FEEL UR PAIN!!!! I am 38 weeks along and have been having the same thing it sucks so0o0o bad and hurts!! gets worse!! Dr. explained it to me in all these big words. Pretty much my wrist are swelled on the inside which is causing poor circulation my my fingers and pretty much though my arms worse when i sleep. :( take some Tylenol works wonders!!! It goes away 6 weeks after you deliver!! that sucks huh?

shellszee
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:12 AM

I experienced this with my second and now with my third. One doc said it was nerves and another circulation. I was overweight with my second and i'm overweight with this one so for me I def think it's all this weight messing with nerves and circulation b/c I had a wonderful first pregnancy when my weight was fine.

luvbeingmama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM
I had that too and mine hurt sooo bad it would wake me up every night multiple times. It took awhile to go away after i had the baby.
virgobaby1978
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

It could be your little one laying on a nerve. Try laying on your left side and drinking lots of water. It can also cause some dizziness sometimes. I also get the sleepiness in my hands and feet, so I know how you feel.

maryndoug52304
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:53 AM

carpel tunnel... it is very common during pregnancy and usually goes away. 

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)