Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No sign of AF...for the 2nd month now

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM
  • 3 Replies

So my last "real" period was the first week of June.

I'm on the birthcontrol pill, Yaz, had been since Febuary. I take my pill RELIGIOUSLY and NEVER missed a single pill and always took it at the same time every night (within 30mins usually) I have a 28 day cycle on the pill, with the last 4 days being placebos (which is when I'm supposed to get my period) and I usually get it about the 3rd day of placebos.

Well, July comes around and it's time for me to get my period. I didn't get ANY bleeding until about the 5th day after my placebos (I hadn't started another pill pack b/c I hadn't gotten my period.) And the "bleeding" was VERY light and was a light brownish red discharge...that went on for a few days...then 3-4 days after that I had what I thought was my period coming on--- some red spotting on my underwear (just enough to get my underwear), so I ran to put a tampon in. well, low and behold when I went to take my tampon out some hours later, there was NOTHING.

I did take 3 pregnancy tests then in the following week, all were negative. I called my Dr's office (2wks after I was supposed to get my period) and explained my story to a nurse, and she didn't really think anything of it. She told me that sometimes when you're on the pill for a "long time" (I'd been on the pill for 5ish months) that it can really lighten your period to where it's just a little spotting.

Well...it's now been a few weeks since I spoke with my Dr's office...and I'd been thinking I should be getting my period soon....and not a single sign of my period....

I'm at such a loss here...
I've had a few symptoms of pregnancy...which are completely different than with my son...
I've felt nasceous from time to time (though I never have puked, even with my first), I get headahces, I've been overly tired..and I've been pretty moody..
No sore boobs or cramping this time around...
***oh, and I did have a dream last night that I had 2 BFP's....so I've been up since 5:30a thinking about all this...

Maybe I'll get some more HPT's...

Just looking for similar experiences or support/advice..
Thanks

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
riotgrrl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I think it is time to schedule a doc's visit if you are on month 2 of abnormal periods. They can do a blood test, and help you figure out what's going on if you're not pregnant.

DaniJones86
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Yep and take another test and post to tell us about it :)

Quoting riotgrrl:

I think it is time to schedule a doc's visit if you are on month 2 of abnormal periods. They can do a blood test, and help you figure out what's going on if you're not pregnant.

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

in lovetoddler girlbaby girlpregnant belly

carliemarie1015
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I agree...I think I definately am going to test again...and maybe again, lol.

I'm just still in shock about it...our son just turned 8mos...and I know I'm not ready yet...but we'll welcome the surprise if in fact we have one...

thanks ladies  =)

Quoting DaniJones86:

Yep and take another test and post to tell us about it :)

Quoting riotgrrl:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)