Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When should I stop?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

I will be 8 mos in another week.  My husband wants to make sure it's ok to still have sex.  I think my Dr will say as long as I'm comfortable, at this time, then it's ok.  We don't have sex as often as we used to obviously because I'm pregnant and tired.....  What has your experience been? When should we stop?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
logunsmommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM

As long as you are comfortable, you don't have to stop.   

kara_g.
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
As long as you are comfortable, your water isn't broken, and neither of you is ill.
TigerBaby69
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

With our first daughter we had sex up until the day before I had her...as long as your comfortable and not having any complications.
With this one, I have been put on pelvic rest and partial bed rest because I started dialating on the inner part of my cervix and I also have a low lying placenta so we have to wait until after the baby is born.
We haven't had sex much during this pregnancy anyways...its been over a month now but I've only been on pelvic rest for about a week.

babies
babies
Happy2BDomestic
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I agree.  I even had sex more often the last couple of weeks to try and induce labor.  It didn't work though.

Quoting logunsmommy:

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

masesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:40 PM

It is completely safe to have sex up until your water has broken.   GIT R DONE!

angieluvsolivia
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

As long as you havn't been told not to by your doctor, go for it!  I am high risk and have a cerclage and I can still have sex!

KyKrsbonusmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Thank you Ladies!  My husband gets so worried.  He's afraid he'll hurt me..  But I like sex so I'm not givin up!!  LOL

riotgrrl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

You'll have to take a few weeks off when the baby is born. ;)

It's fine right up until your water breaks unless you are having a complication where your provider tells you to stop. It can get uncomfortable at the end. Doggie style with pillows to prop your belly up, or laying with your pelvis at the edge of the bed while DH stands between your legs also works pretty well (use pillows under your hips to bring your hips up to his if you have a lower bed...)

Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

me too

Quoting Happy2BDomestic:

I agree.  I even had sex more often the last couple of weeks to try and induce labor.  It didn't work though.

Quoting logunsmommy:

Luvmytinysmiles
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

You can have sex all the way up till you are in labor. It ultimately is on how you feel. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)