Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any ideas whats going on?? [UPDATE!]

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok..so im 34 weeks with my first & over the weekend I have had super sharp stomach cramps followed with period like cramps. Today I woke up and my stomach is WAY hard & its doing the same thing..stomach cramps followed with period like cramps. I am also feeling like im going to throw up. Has anyone gone through this or know whats going on?

The only thing I can think of is that its cuz of stress. I had a horrible week. A girl I went to high school with died in a car crash & then my SO's grandpa died on Sunday. So idk if that has something to do with it or if its just a common pregnancy thing. HELP please..

***UPDATE***
For those of you who wanted an update I went into L&D and was monitored for a couple hours. They did the fetal fibronectin test and it came back negative. So I shouldn't have her for at least 2 weeks. But I was having some significant contractions...which sucked. But im glad she will be staying in longer :]

Lilypie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_of_2_babi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM

sounds like braxton hicks contractions but i would still check with your OBGYN to make sure your not in early labor!

Are the pains consistant or do they go away and come back later?

Ambereno144
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM

This weekend they were coming and going but today they are very constant. 

Lilypie
mommy_of_2_babi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM

i would call your OB and tell them just that and they will probly make you come in to check you out

braxton hicks contractions are just pains that come and go but if you are in labor they will be constant and in a patteren like every 20 min 10min 5 min

how far apart are they?

HauteMa23
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM

call the doc asap....i just went through this...they had to stop my early labor

Ambereno144
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

right now they are like 10-15 min apart. I am going to call my OB.  

Lilypie
mommy_of_2_babi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM

yes same thing happened to me 3 times with my first until thet finally induced me at 38 weeks

Quoting HauteMa23:

call the doc asap....i just went through this...they had to stop my early labor

Ambereno144
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

ok they told me to go down to L&D. Thanks everyone for responding.

Lilypie
mommy_of_2_babi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

good luck let us know what happens

Quoting Ambereno144:

ok they told me to go down to L&D. Thanks everyone for responding.

RamonsWife
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I hope everythings ok!  It would make me so nervous if Aliyah came today.  Good luck momma!!!  Make sure you come back when you can to tell us whats going on!

HauteMa23
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:30 PM

they did that fetal test with me...so not fun!!! but I am glad everything is okay and she's going to stay put!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)