• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Inlaws and Baby #2.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok, so just want some opinions.. Does anyone think its rude that my inlaws have not called and said congratulations or anything about us finding out about our 2nd baby?!? I really do. We even went and visited them on Saturday and all they talked about was how close our kids are going to be together.. And my first will almost be 3 when the new baby gets here! I mean, this really just rubs me the wrong way.. ESPECIALLY because when the baby gets here, they are all going to try to be up in mine and the babys face trying to be all lovey dovey! YUCK.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I don't think it's a big deal. You told them in person, so they probably don't think they need to make a follow up call since they probably already congratulated you Saturday, right? I could see being upset if they had heard it from just your DH and you weren't there, then they should call and personally congratulate YOU, but I don't think they need to make a special call just to say it again. My MIL emailed me "congratulations" shortly after my DH called to tell them, but I doubt she would have if I had been present during the conversation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

IluvPeyton27
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM

well that's just it.. My husband just called and told them one day, and they never called me.. (this was before the visit) then when we went to visit.. THey still didn't say congrats.. Just talked negatively about how close together our kids are gonna be like its a bad thing!

lvlouisvuitton
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Mine are the same way. With my first they wanted me to get an abortion and told me they would pay me! HA. No!! Then when he was born they would not leave the hospital, my house,.. they were up my ass. Now that we are ttc #2 they are not happy again. Its stupid and annoying, I know how you feel!!

♥ organic, delayed vaccine giving, extended rear facing stay at home mama!

TTC #2

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Ehhh, I don't associate with my FIL, hate him actually, he's a jerk and pedofile so MIL and him are divorced. So, when we found out our second child was a girl he didn't even know we were pregnant until after I had her. He's never seen her, held her, and I won't let him.

My MIL on the otherhand, she treats my first like her own son and loves him soooo much, but with our DD, she could care less. My MIL is a weirdo though so I don't care either way. I love not having to see them or talk to them. They both make me cringe. 

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), semi co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), semi-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

MJWard
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Are your sure your not talking about MY inlaws? They really havnt said ANYTHING at all and m over 16 weeks..they dont even ask how im feeling..they are prob just pissed that they didnt find out first. hubbys dad found out by a guy at work..didnt mean for that to happen..the guy didnt know they didnt know yet. we were planning on taking them out to eat and telling them..but instead of telling us they knew his dad just acted like a ass when we got a free crib he was like "why dont you just sell it?" so after they left thats when I told hubby that I just KNEW he knew so I just told hubby to call and tell them..I didnt need the attitude. they didnt say congratz or anything..all they said way "we already know"...Oh well i dont even think his parents like me. I know they r just mad cuz with my son..they were both SO excited! they think im the evil in their sons life..atleast his mom does..I think his dad is just a guy and is a little clueless so i dont have as much of a problem with him.

After my first was born they were up my ass..show up and NOT call and still do 90% of the time im in the shower..they HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ME! I will say somthing like "oh i didnt know u were coming" and there are all like "well we called adam" HELLO ADAM IS WORKING IM HOME CALL ME U FING ASSHOLES! they STILL do it..im so over it.

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

TheMillerFamily
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

My family (all but my dad whom I rarely speak to) are like, Great, Yeah um Congrats, I guess. My FIL Laughed when hubby told him!!! My grandma, the one person in my whole messed up family that I look up to says "I guess if your happy Im happy". I should have stuck with my original plan to just send letters to everyone and let them complain about it on their own time, such a joy kill! LOL 

Due with #2 April 8th 2010
pregnancy calendar
prd2b_calledmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM

my inlaws havent said anything to me either but its no big deal for me. it isnt my SO's biological baby, though he will be the father and help raise him/her. and i dont believe his family knows its not his. SO doesnt want the drama and doesnt want them treating this baby any different then our first (which is his). this is something SO and i have talked about and are working through and neither of us feel like its the familys business.

i think their deal though is that we knew for about 2-3 months before they found out. and they only found out because his sister was checking up on my myspace page (and shes not my friend) and seen it on my status. i left it up to SO for when he was ready to tell them. and instead, his sisters opened their mouth to everyone. i understand i probably shouldnt have announced it on my status but i really didnt think his sister would be checking up on my page, again, shes not my friend on there. and SO doesnt use Myspace. but everyone got in this upraor because they heard it from someone other then us and anyways......no one has even said ANYTHING to us about the new baby expect his dad and one of his sisters. everyone else keeps their distance and their mouth shut since SO gave everyone a piece of his mind. he was upset that his sister was snooping but even more upset that she couldnt keep her mouth shut and let us tell everyone when we were ready. instead she made it this huge negative thing.

anyways. im getting off topic.

golther
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Its not that bad. You could have my mil who called 2 -3 days before I had my dd and I told her that she was going to be born on Dec. 27th. You could hear her over the phone thinking that I am out of my mind for Predicting my child's birth. And she says "So you really THINK she will be born on that day?!?!?!?" And I told her "No, I KNOW she will be born on that day, we are having a c-section because she is breech on the 27th." So I have my baby and she never even called to see how we were all doing. My DH had to call her at around 5:00 that night. My mil HATES children!! She finally met my dd 2 months ago  she was almost 2 1/2. Then she was snickering at the fact that her step sons wife is pregnant with their third and my DH kind of sensed that how she said it bothered me and he told her that I was pregnant too and I shut her up pretty fast. She then very quietly congratulated us and didn't really speak much after that.     

skylersmommy010
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM

i know how u feel we tolf MIL an FIL. an they both had the gull to ask hubby if the baby was his. i was so upset this is our first child an they say that. they r such jerks i know his mom hates me cuz the day before our weddingmy MIL was tryin to get hubby back with his ex-girlfriend

charly_kee
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:02 AM

lol my mom asked if I was going to get fixed...  My son is 18 months today my baby is due in 26 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)