Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you finding out/did you find out?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: did you/are you finding out?

Options:

I will be finding out.

I dont want to find out

I found out already

*other*

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 86

View Results

i am back and forth about if i want to find the sex of the baby. i want to because it is hard not knowing....lol

but i am also thinking ahead and how much more exciting it will be to find out during delivery then just during the ultrasound.....

how do i decided?!?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerBaby69
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I was the same way LOL
I wanted the suprise, but i was thinking I was having a boy and started planning ahead for a boy and then I couldn't take it anymore so when we ere able to find out I HAD to know if I was right or not....I was soooo wrong lol baby girl #2 for me baby girl #4 for DH

babies
babies
Wish2Be
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM

My DH and I found out at the earliest we could - 16 weeks !

I think if we decide to have a 2nd baby...we are going to make that one a surprise.

~ Michelle

angieluvsolivia
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I have no problem with people wanting to wait but I couldn't take the anticipation!  Plus, we have everything we need for a girl(yeah, we did pink car seat, stroller, etc) so we would have been totally unprepaired for a boy.  We also live in an apartment and have no room so it was best for us to find out(it's a boy!) so we could clear out the girl stuff and bring in the boy stuff since this will be our last.

aimige
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I like to find out because I am a "plan ahead Mommy" and I want everything we will need waiting on us when we get home.  Less stress... 

lvlouisvuitton
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I found out with my son and this next baby I will too. I HAVE to know!!stick out tongue mini

♥ organic, delayed vaccine giving, extended rear facing stay at home mama!

TTC #2

prd2b_calledmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM

i was the same way. but when it boiled down to it. i have a DD already and if this one is a boy, im SO FAR from prepared. i tried looking for gender neutral things but around here, everything seems to lean one way or the other. also i think ill feel more attached and excited about the baby if i can put a name to all the little kicks and what not!

if this one is a boy, then if i have another one ill let it be a surprise

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I agree with that.

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

I have no problem with people wanting to wait but I couldn't take the anticipation!  Plus, we have everything we need for a girl(yeah, we did pink car seat, stroller, etc) so we would have been totally unprepaired for a boy.  We also live in an apartment and have no room so it was best for us to find out(it's a boy!) so we could clear out the girl stuff and bring in the boy stuff since this will be our last.

Christina & Billy
Mommy to:Three Angels, and New Little Bean Coming March 2010...

toddler girlBirth Mommy to:Cheyenne Liberty4/07/07 Until She was 20 months old(12/08)

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:09 PM

My daughter I found out late at 27wks, they wouldn't tell us. LOL.  I got everything for a girl.

My son I found out at 19wks, after a week earlier they told me he was a she. LOL. I was preparing already with a name and all boy stuff.

With this one, I am only six weeks but I will find out.  I have so many names with this one, It's hard to narrow it down, if I knew the sex it would be easier.  DH thinks it will be a girl, I think it will be a boy.

Christina & Billy
Mommy to:Three Angels, and New Little Bean Coming March 2010...

toddler girlBirth Mommy to:Cheyenne Liberty4/07/07 Until She was 20 months old(12/08)

Kelli.and.Ellie
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Quoting Cheyennesmommy4:

My daughter I found out late at 27wks, they wouldn't tell us. LOL.  I got everything for a girl.

My son I found out at 19wks, after a week earlier they told me he was a she. LOL. I was preparing already with a name and all boy stuff.

With this one, I am only six weeks but I will find out.  I have so many names with this one, It's hard to narrow it down, if I knew the sex it would be easier.  DH thinks it will be a girl, I think it will be a boy.

i have a boy name picked out, but dont have ANY girl names picked out (just cant find a cute one) im wishing it is a boy so i even kind of by-pass the girl names! lol im afraid it will be a girl and i wont have a name!!!

youngmommy2be09
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I sooo couldnt wait that long without going shopping for boy or girl clothes. Plus my boyfriend would have so been in a rotten mood If We didn't find out...He has absolutly no patience when it comes to knowing information!!! 

I found out I was having a girl at 20 weeks. I was going to tell my boyfriend that We just couldnt see in between her legs. But then my mom called and said congrats your having a girl!!! I was like MOOOOOOOMMMMMM! haha she said oops! So it wasnt a surprise for him haha I wanted him to trade me something for the answer to the gender! lol Im such a meanie! 

I know this World Is So...Cold and Deceiving, But I keep my Head up...Like My nose is bleeding. - Lil Wayne- 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)