Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CT scan while TTC?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok ladies, little background...

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2006... well, my PCP decided to refer me to an endocrinologist. I had a ton of blood work done about 3 weeks ago. My Cortisol, AHEA-S, Testosterone, and 17-OH progesterone levels came back extremely high. I went to retest them about 2 weeks ago. They think something is wrong with my adrenal glands (possibly Cushing's Syndrome or CAH). Anyway, during all this I had my IUD taken out. I have had a cycle this month on July 7th- I'm on Actos, to help regulate menses. My hubby and I have had sex 3 times (20th, 23rd, 24th)- according to my charts that's when I was ovulating. Today I went in for a CT scan of my adrenal glands to check for tumors since my blood work came back abnormal. So my question is could you get pregnant in that short of time, or even if I was would a CT scan mess things up. I'm not exactly fertile mertile, it took us almost 3 year to conceive my daughter without having a period. I'm actually having a cycle now though. I feel extremely guilty about have the CT while TTC (this is our 1st month trying), but I also want to know if I need to have my glands removed. Does anyone know about this?! I hope to test August  7th if I haven't got my period by then. We are praying for my good health and a new baby to complete our family. Any advice?

Thanks ladies and God Bless

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
BethPrice1345
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:38 PM

The CT won't interfer I don't believe. Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)