Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get an ultrasound early?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

My DD had a heart problem and a kindey problem when she was born.  I go to a fetal diagnostic Dr.Aug 26th, but im really worried about this baby and want to get an ultrasound NOW.  Is there any way I can get an early ultrasound?  Do I just have to ask my Dr?  Will they tell me no?

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunkymunky1402
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Talk to your doc...I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks because of previous miscarriages. Sometimes they will not order it because your insurance might only pay for a certain amount. If you really want one you can ask for her to order it but pay for it on your own if insurance might not.
MrsPilat
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I would just ask your dr. and hopefully since your first had all that when she was born they will do it...if not you might have to pay for it but I would def. pay for it if I had to just to make sure everything is going good!

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Im already for sure getting an ultrasound to make sure baby is okay, but not for another month. Im afraid they will just tell me no, because I get one in a month anyways.........
How much does an ultrasound cost?

lilmomma20
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM
about three hundred dollars, depends on where you go but i just got my ultrasound bill from hospital, not emergency just an ultrasound and it was 289
alexandra1022
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 2:41 PM

i dont know cuz my doctor had my u/s done at 18 weeks. then again at 19 weeks cuz they couldnt see the spine very well.

Caidens_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I'd ask the Dr. tell him or her your concerns, it shouldn't be a big deal but if it is you can always go to one of the places that specialize in Ultrasounds.

Caidens_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM

We paid $75 at an Ultrasound place where we live called Ultraview Imaging, I don't know if they have them in other towns but you should be able to find something similiar. They are very professional and knowlegable and have great prices for what you need.

Quoting MelaniesMama:

Im already for sure getting an ultrasound to make sure baby is okay, but not for another month. Im afraid they will just tell me no, because I get one in a month anyways.........
How much does an ultrasound cost?

_NinaBean_
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

here in my state give you a u/s when u first find out, and at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, and 32 weeks.. and it says your 18 weeks pregnant, you should be getting a US any week now... good luck

Pregnancy ticker
mupt02
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Getting it early may not help ease your concerns.  They usually schedule them at a certain point in development so they can see how everything is developing.  If you go in too early, the organs may not be fully developed and you may not get the information you are looking for.

blowing bubbles              toddler girl             expecting baby

Abigail 5/17/06    Isabelle 10/17/07        Baby #3 Due Dec

If you want to make a good investment, take the afternoon off and play with your kids. - paraphrased from Ben Stein

MelaniesMama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Here you only get an ultrasound when you first find out and then at 24 weeks. Thats it.   Unless something is wrong.  Then you get them earlier

Quoting _NinaBean_:

here in my state give you a u/s when u first find out, and at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, and 32 weeks.. and it says your 18 weeks pregnant, you should be getting a US any week now... good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)