Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two weeks... i want to cry

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 19 Replies
My two week old son will not stop crying. For the first week and a half we had him home, he cried when he was hungry, had a poopy diaper, or wanted his pacifier. He then would stay awake for an hour and go to sleep. He has been awake today since 10am, aside from 5 minute naps, and been crying non-stop. I am feeling like a failure as a mother and like he hates me already and its only been two weeks. Am I doing something wrong? He's eating/pooping/peeing just fine, and is not gassy. Please help. :-(
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerBaby69
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM

have you tried swaddling him in a blankie?

babies
babies
jrstaffordjr
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Babies go through this. I think it's a growth spurt. If he is doing all of what, you put down, then your ok mommy " Hugs ". This should only last for about 2 days, at the most, plus if you think about it, he  is just getting use to this new world of his : ).. I have 4 kids, 6,5,3, 2 months, so take it from me, your doing fine. Ohh one last thing, if you ever think that, he might be dehydrated anytime, just check the soft spot on the top of his head, if it dips really low, then you have a problem, and need to get him some.  fluids, that's just something a nurse told me, with my first, and it has worked all the time ; ). You can talk to me anytime!.

Regina.

maybebaby15
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Quoting TigerBaby69:

have you tried swaddling him in a blankie?

Yes, I have, since the nurses at the hospital showed me how to do it. It hasn't worked. :-(
maybebaby15
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Bump...
_NinaBean_
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

have you tried vibration, or a swing, or do you have one of the teddy bear womb sounding things. those might work. My son had colic and he would just cry and cry and cry, but not all day, jut from 9 in the morning till about 5-6 at night. i hope it gets better for you :) *HUGS*

Pregnancy ticker
sarahra78
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM

my daughter cried for the first 7wks the only thing that worked for her was white noise like a radio or vacum cleaner

Sarah Wife to David Mommy to Hannah

tiny_mama
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Just remember you have to stay calm and convince yourself it doesn't bother you. He can feel your stress. If you're stressed out because he's crying he won't be able to calm down.

Also, if you're feeling really overwhelmed, put him someplace safe, a swing, bouncer, carseat, and walk away for a few minutes to compose yourself. Once you calm yourself down you can go at it again.

You're not a bad mother and he doesn't hate you. This is just one of those baby things you have to learn to deal with.

Jackie

baby development pregnancy calendar

Pregnancy ticker

alexandra1022
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM

when my son was born he had to be in the NICU for a little over 2 weeks, and couldnt cry cuz he had a tube down his mouth. so the  way i feel is i WISH i could of had my son home crying all day and night. we missed so much in those 2 weeks. but it will pass and im sure ur not a bad mommy. good luck!

Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM
It will pass just stay calm bc he gets his emotions from you. If you are stressed he will stress. GL:)
lilhippie354
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I baby sat for a family with a boy who was 1 month and to get him to calm down and stop crying they had me prop the vaccum against the wall and let it run. He instantly got quiet and fell asleep within 10 min. Good Luck!!

Quoting sarahra78:

my daughter cried for the first 7wks the only thing that worked for her was white noise like a radio or vacum cleaner

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)