Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats your water intake ?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

Reason I ask is because Im 35 wks and ended up in labor and del the other night because I was having contractions and lots of pain in my legs and vagina and they said i was dehydrated kept me there to get fluids in me and sent me home. But they said I need it double my water intake. I am currently drinking about 4 16 oz bottles a day plus some juice here and there. Its been in the high 90's to low 100's weather wise.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cynthje
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I drink about 3 liters (101 oz) of water everyday, the temperature here is about the same as where you are.

ttaylor1998
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Besides my coffee in the morning, the only thing I drink is water.  All throughout my pregnancy (and before and still now- lol)   I drink between 125oz. & 150oz. per day.

siggy2 by you.

Grand Opening July 31st, 8p.m. EST: 

Donate Here For A Great Cause:      

othermom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I drink a 2 quart bottle worth of water while at work, sometimes a  little juice, maybe a cup and probably 3 1 liter bottles of water or so. But I have always drank a lot of water.

hollymarierocks
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Im right there with you... They always say Im dehydrated and I just cant drink anymore water!! I feel like Im floating now!

I say I get around 80oz a day!

How`s my pregnancy doing?
NavyWifey122305
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM

same here I feel like my eyeballs are gonna float out of my head and I have to pee every 20 min and I know the darker your pee the more dehydrated you are but my prenantals make my pee really dark if i stop taking them for 2 days my pee is a very light yellow but as soon as I take them it apple juice color.

Quoting hollymarierocks:

Im right there with you... They always say Im dehydrated and I just cant drink anymore water!! I feel like Im floating now!

I say I get around 80oz a day!

BooBearsMomma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I drink about 100-150oz of water a day.  It sucks because I have to pee like every twenty seconds.  but I also have kidney stones so I have to stay very hydrated or it's bad news.

preview image

eema.gray
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:35 AM
You need to drink more, especially in hot weather! I drink at least a gallon of water a day. When the weather is hot and humid (we're having a weirdly humid summer here in CO), my intake jumps to more like a gallon and a half. Even more the past week since I'm *really* sick. Dehydration can put you into preterm labor.
Mamagirlz
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I've been trying to force myself to drink water but it's not working so good.  Normally I love water but during this pregnancy I really don't like it so I haven't been drinking much like I should.

lil_bittie
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I drink 4-5 32oz jugs a day.  I cannot get enough water.  I think I have that rare diabetes where your organs soak up all the water because I do not excrete a lot of urine.  With all the water I drink I should be peeing buckets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)