Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to L&D last night.

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

SO last night I went to L&D due to the fact that my headache had not gone away and my eyes had spots in them for the second time that day.  They checked my blood pressure, and my urine for protein  and said everything was fine.  The only thing is everything didnt feel fine.  I still felt dizzy and still had spots in my eyes, and still had a headache.  It honestly felt like I was drunk because I couldnt see.  Well now today, guess what it has come back.  I feel like they should have done something more.  I dont know what to do.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_NinaBean_
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:48 PM

well have you tried to look it up. Look up the Symptoms on webmd.com or google. or call your doctor and tell her what is going on.

Pregnancy ticker
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I did call my doctor hoping she could get me in for a quick check up and I was just told to go back to L&D which I dont want to do since they did nothing for me last night at all.  The web md site said possible anemia, migraine.  I am going to ask tomorrow at my dr. appt if it could be anemia.  Thanks

_NinaBean_
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Quoting Momy2beAUG.2009:

I did call my doctor hoping she could get me in for a quick check up and I was just told to go back to L&D which I dont want to do since they did nothing for me last night at all.  The web md site said possible anemia, migraine.  I am going to ask tomorrow at my dr. appt if it could be anemia.  Thanks

one question do you get cold? and do you still get an uneasy feeling?

Pregnancy ticker
Amielol
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Sounds like a migraine to me and I dont think there are many meds tou can take for this while prego, but I am not sure. I know I get all kind of things floating around in my eyes when I have a migrane. They are calle auras.

Hope you feel better soon. Amie

CafeMom Tickers
Happy2BDomestic
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I agree.  I've had many of them.  They can last for days, and days. :(  I was just about to ask you if you were having a girl and then I saw on your page that you are.  I didn't have any migraines with my son,  but I've had plenty with this girl.

Quoting Amielol:

Sounds like a migraine to me and I dont think there are many meds tou can take for this while prego, but I am not sure. I know I get all kind of things floating around in my eyes when I have a migrane. They are calle auras.

Hope you feel better soon. Amie

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I had those symptoms with pre-eclampsia and resulted in delivering at 35 weeks. Id constantly check your blood pressure. You could also be dehydrated. I hope things start to get better for you! GL!

mommy2xp
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM

i get migraines and they can last a few days. and i get the spots and dizzy feeling and everything, i'll even throw up from them.  yesterday i had one and i couldn't see outta my right eye and it was all on the right side of my head.  i took some tylenol a shower and went to sleep and it finally went away.  i also get tension headaches, i go to the chiropracter twice a week for those and that has helped a lot.  not many meds are safe while pregnant so i would suggest trying tylenol mt dew (or something with caffeine it does help) some say gatorade, a shower and let the water beat on ur head.  and a nap. those are the only things that have helped me but i would def bring it up to ur dr, as it could be a lot more than jsut a migraine. 

volmomof3
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM

i had the samething twice. they said to drink gatorade bc i could b dehydrated. it worked. and i felt fine after.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:15 PM

i went in at 39 weeks 2 days with the same symptoms thinkin i was in labor too cause i was so crampy and thought my water broke...but it didnt...we had done alot of walking that day ..hubby had just fown in from a deployment..well getting back from a deployment and we were scheduled for inducation on the 23rd..anyway they said i was contracting and i was dehydrated....so i had to have fluids then released....the 23rd we went in to be induced but brynn had her mind set on being born anyway ....1145 water broke then 120am she was born..9pds 12.3 oz happy and healthy

def ck with your dr and have them ck your bp///worst case def go to the er again..just stay healthy mama and good luck with everythin!

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

I had those symptoms with pre-eclampsia and resulted in delivering at 35 weeks. Id constantly check your blood pressure. You could also be dehydrated. I hope things start to get better for you! GL!

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Well, I dont know whats going on, I am drinking lots and lots of water.  It didnt happen again yesterday, so I didnt go in again.  I have a doctors appt. today and I am going to talk to her about it and if she thinks it might be necessary at this point to schedule an induction, because they were already talking about it due to the fact that I have Gestational Diabetes.  If thats the case I might be going in to deliver my little girl next thurs. or friday.  I dont really want to be induced but I dont have a history of migraines and it just recently started happening so I want to know that my little girl is ok, and that I am ok.  Thank you so much for all the advice, I hope the doctor has some encouraging news for me today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)