Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM
  • 13 Replies
This is embarrassing... but my left nipple itches so badly!! IT doesn't look any different than the other... I'm thinking maybe it's because I sleep with a bra on now? My mother said I should to help prevent sagging... I don't know. What do you guys think?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TikiMama19
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:50 PM

mine did that...i had a yeast infection the doctor should give you a cream to put on it if you do have one...

♥I’m a bisexual, agnostic, moderate liberal, pro gay marriage, pro choice only w/ extend circumstances, social smoking, anti birth control letting nature take it's course, bottle feeding, disposable diaper using, semi co-sleeping, CIO, circumcising, vaxing, cuddle loving, tattooed, college student, SAHM to one wonderful little boy and loving wife to an Airman and DAMN PROUD!. If you have a problem with it deal with it.♥

Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Well the bra has nothing to do with your breast sagging. That is an old wives tale. But if you are in the 1st or 2nd trimester it is bc your breast are growing. This is very normal even if you are not pregnant.
Happy2BDomestic
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Both of mine itch.  They did last pregnancy too. :)

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

momma_gig
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM

i don't know about that. i was watching the tyra show one day and she had on a woman that specialized in women's health and breast issues and she agreed that sleeping with a bra on helps prevent sagging. i'm not sure who's right or who's wrong but i wanted to share that.

Quoting Lena-Loo:

Well the bra has nothing to do with your breast sagging. That is an old wives tale. But if you are in the 1st or 2nd trimester it is bc your breast are growing. This is very normal even if you are not pregnant.

anyways... when i was pregnant with my daughter my nipples itched to no end. it was so bad i wanted to rip them off! LOL. i also had really bad itching on my stomach, too. a little itching is normal in pregnancy, but if it gets out of hand it could point to a problem. i didn't know it then, but i'm pretty sure i had cholestasis. here's a site for info on it: http://www.ask.com/bar?q=cholestasis&page=1&qsrc=2106&ab=3&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.americanpregnancy.org%2Fpregnancycomplications%2Fcholestasispregnancy.html. i'm not saying it sounds like you have it, but just be aware if the itching gets too bad for you to handle. the only reason i believe i had this is like i said, my itching was WAY out of control to the point where i was almost scratching myself raw. a month after i had my daughter i had to have emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder because it was severely infected. this pregnancy i haven't had any really bad itching. so i believe this was the case.

like i said though, don't get worried. a little itching is perfectly normal, although irritating :P

I'm a 20 year old proud mommy of a princess (Emery Grace)kissing expecting a prince (Lucian Abel) in mid October expecting boy and in love with the best guy ever! in love

cristina0709
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM

like one of the previous posters said, it may be due to growing. my boobs and tummy itched as they got bigger. it was so annoying. but i got used to it.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie

jesselswick
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:36 PM

If sleeping with a bra on is supposed to help sagging then I should still have the perky breast of a 16 year old!!!

Now, on to the question.. You could have thrush on your nipple (if its white or splotchy when wet) or it could just be from the pregnancy hormones and your boobs growing. I would go with the growing one though cause thrush on the nipples is PAINFUL!! I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

TikiMama19
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Quoting jesselswick:

If sleeping with a bra on is supposed to help sagging then I should still have the perky breast of a 16 year old!!!

Now, on to the question.. You could have thrush on your nipple (if its white or splotchy when wet) or it could just be from the pregnancy hormones and your boobs growing. I would go with the growing one though cause thrush on the nipples is PAINFUL!! I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

thursh is just another word for a yeast infection...the best way to tell if you have that is while breast feeding the baby will get a white tongue my son had it that's when the doctor told me it was just that I had a yeast infection from all the moisture I leaked alot. if you're haveing this problem before or after birth like i said its easy to get rid of just a cream. I know mine hurt alot when I had it until it went away....

hensleymom
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM

ok now i dont feel as weird ... my breast and tummy and head itch like crazy...

expecting baby im about six weeks along and always hungry

Raynii
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 9:24 AM

well, with the first baby, i never wore a bra and my boobs sag a little, this time around im wearing my bra all the time except when i bathe and sleep and they dont sag as much. i think it all depends on how your body is.

i went from an A cup to a DD cup with baby #1 so it's possible the size outburst caused the szgging. this time i've started at a C and now slowing hitting Ds. :) and im already at the end of the pregnancy,...

TikiMama19
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Quoting Raynii:

well, with the first baby, i never wore a bra and my boobs sag a little, this time around im wearing my bra all the time except when i bathe and sleep and they dont sag as much. i think it all depends on how your body is.

i went from an A cup to a DD cup with baby #1 so it's possible the size outburst caused the szgging. this time i've started at a C and now slowing hitting Ds. :) and im already at the end of the pregnancy,...

that was probably the gain shock I went from a small c to a to a large dd and my boobs sagged I wore as bra as much as possible as long as i was comfortable....I leaked alot before i delivered so I had no choice really. But for the most part my boobs sag but not horrible but I figure after I'm done having babies I'll save and get a lift.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)