• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant walk...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

Seriously. I can not walk. I barely make it around my house. My legs feel like they are gonna pop off like Barbies! Just, ya know, pop right out of the sockets and I'll just be a little stump with arms rollin on the floor. I really think I dropped, but I am thinking that maybe I never really did drop with my first, because I'm in TONS of discomfort. This sucks. I feel it in my butt, my crotch, but mostly my legs. I can barely move! : ( Come on Xander! I'm about to go out and buy a shit ton of pineapple!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
masesmom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I totally tried the pineapple, didnt work for me, i think i ate a whole one!  LOL 

hope it works for YOU and your legs dont pop off! :)

BibusMommy3
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Sorry you feel like that hun, but I know exactly how you feel since I'm feeling the same way over here....now can you guys please tell me what's up with the pineapple thing?? lol

*Amarilis*    

expecting baby

ohmami88
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I guess fresh pineapple is supposed to have something in it that helps thin your cervix... I ate over half a pound of it last night though, and I got nothin! lol. Oh well, I have a dr. apt today, maybe they can tell me something, hopefully somethings going on in the lady area :)

Quoting BibusMommy3:

Sorry you feel like that hun, but I know exactly how you feel since I'm feeling the same way over here....now can you guys please tell me what's up with the pineapple thing?? lol

cristina0709
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:19 AM

also if you squat the babys head will press down on the cervix thinning it out. after a few day of doing that it worked for me. i woke up to my water breaking. i was 9 cm already and didnt know it. what i did was sit on the very edge of the bed with my girly hanging off and i rocked my hips side to side while leaning back on my arms. it'll open up down there taking some pressure off. but i warn you, go pee before you do this!!! the baby may press on your bladder. i did it and almost peed on my floor. lol. but it helps with the leg pains also. it felt so good. i had horrible pain in my back and ribs and could not get comfy no matter how i layed, sitted, or stood. but doing this helped!!!

Quoting ohmami88:

I guess fresh pineapple is supposed to have something in it that helps thin your cervix... I ate over half a pound of it last night though, and I got nothin! lol. Oh well, I have a dr. apt today, maybe they can tell me something, hopefully somethings going on in the lady area :)

Quoting BibusMommy3:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie

Miracle6
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I am in severe pain when I walk also. I am only 35 weeks! URRRRG.

Jonahsmommy713
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I am feeling the same way I can't hardly walk because of the back pain, pain in my crotch and my hips always popping ithurts so bad and I'm only 32 weeks today, and I have been haing contractions also.

Mommy of 2, Jonah and Neveah

supermama68
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I have never heard that about pineapple. Try sex  ;-) (semen has prostaglandins in it that helps to ripen the cervix), nipple stimulation, castor oil.

To help prepare for the birth try drinking red raspberry tea http://www.christian-mommies.com/ages/in-the-womb/using-red-raspberry-as-an-effective-aid-during-pregnancy-childbirth-and-beyond/  It is supposed to help with strengthening the uterus and helping overall once you do go in to labor. Who knows, it may help you right now with any discomfort you are having.

by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I've been in physical therapy for the last 2 mo because of the pain in my hips. I go twice a week and do aquatic therapy. and OMG it has done WONDERS I still get sore and have some pain but i was barely able to stand for 10 min before I started going.

Iellajo
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I have been seeing a chiropractor for the pain in my pelvis that has kept me from walking.   I Have seen amazing results, just look for one that specializes in pregnant women, mine also accepts medicaid patients too, How cool!!! He recomends swimming and hot tub time! He even has a table that lifts and lowers you so you dont have get up and down. I can walk through the grocery store instead of using those damn electric carts!    I hope this suggestion helps some of you ladies! 

happy

P.S.    This is also helps reduce labor pains and helps to reduce the chances of preterm labor by putting your pelvis back into alignment. Wish I did this with the last baby!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)