• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I PREGNANT? HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok just so you all know, I had my baby boy in December 2008 and I breastfed him for 3 weeks. I had my last period on July 16 and it was short and lighter than normal. I have been feeling sick to my stomach, my breast are VERY heavy and have begun leaking again like crazy, and my linea negra (dark line from belly button to my pelvic bone from my son's pregnancy) is getting darker. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, so I went to the Dr. today and did a blood hcg that was also negative. Now yesterday I started spotting (dark brown) and it is continuing today still. I am very confused and am not sure what might be going on. My Dr. can't see me until Friday! Any advice or experience? Thank you!

Heather

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nokesmomof2
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:07 PM

are you still breastfeeding?? if not stress could be a factor, to early to test, there is a number of reasons

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
mommywhynot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM

No I only breastfed my son for about 3 weeks after he was born. I havn't leaked for a good 5 months till recently.

Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM
It is too early to take a test blood or pee wait another 2 to 3 weeks to retest
mommywhynot
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I am just confused to how I would be showing these kind of signs so soon if I am pregnant. With my son I never had any signs till about 8 or 9 weeks. I shouldn't technically be ovulating for 2 more days.

NaTashaVictoria
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:43 AM

Maybe you ARE pregnant. Since your last period was short and light it may not have been your period, but spotting due to implantation, instead. There have been cases where blood tests have come back negative and were wrong. Your symptoms are weird and if you are pregnant, it's not odd that you are having them so soon; every pregnancy is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)