Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contractions?? HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so last night I started having these pains and aches like period cramps and my low back kills, almost like when I have my period. But it lasts like 5 minutes and then comes back every 20 minutes. This is my first pregnancy and I have no clue if this is contractions or just pressure or?? Help!

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM
If they get closer get to the hospital. Has your water broke? It can flood or it can trickle. If you have had to change your underwear a lot then it has probably already broke. GL
kgsharber
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:23 PM

If it was pressure you would know it was pressure. It literally feels like something pushing down on you from the inside.

As far as the contractions go, you can have those for weeks before you go into labor. Until they have a rythm that last 2 hours, I would stay home. 

lsfxy2003
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM

i didnt realize for a while when i was having contractions with my first but what i remember is that i had this urge to go to the bathroom......having a bm. (sorry thats gross and TMI but thats how i remember it)  and of course i didnt have to go to the bathroom just had the urge. if they do get closer i would call your doc and see if you need to go to the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)