Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about the mirena

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

question.. i am on the mirena and have been since beginning of june.. after i had my little girl in april .. he did on accident cum in me one night that was in may at the end right before the mirena was put in .. well then we also used this bc stuff that i got from the store.. well been on mirena since begging of june.. i dont remember having my period this month just spotting here and there... i have been getting bad headaches lately, peeing more lately, and also moody or emotional at times.. i have taken several home preg test but they are neg.. but someone told me they can be false negatives.. do you guys know anything... please help

Wife to Thomas my sexy over the road trucker. Husband is ex Navy.  I am ex Airforce and ex exotic dancer... Mom to 5 young kids and one on the way.  One set of twins.  Young mom, SAHM, still hot and sexy after 5 kids even with my preggo belly.  Chris, Zoey, Andrew, James, Jerrold, and Patricia (baby to be) are my handful of joy..purple ribbon

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM
If you were pregnant when they put it in it would have killed the baby bc they put it in through the uterus. But you could have gotten pregnant after they put it in. 1 in 20 of those things fall out or they are not put in properly.
Lena-Loo
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:53 PM
P.S. the IUD dose make you spot off and on and COULD stop your period for the first couple months.
MommyIvy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Its the Mirena. I had the same problem along with my hair falling out. I had it taken out the 13 of this month and feel so much better already.

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diaper using,CIO believer, C-sectioned, spanking believer, vaccinating, anti co-sleeping, pro-life, proud, young married mommy of 2!!!

PaigeAlysse
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I had it for over a year and didn't get a "real" period at all, just some spotting every few months. I didn't have any problems, though. I hope this helps.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM

i had one for 16 months and the got it taken out to ttc baby number two....then after brynn was born 10-24 2008 i had bad bleeding and then it stopped...had a d&c cause there was left over plecenta and the same day had my mirena put it(dec 08)

few weeks later i was spotting on and off every day then it turned into bleeding no stop light for a month then i had horrible mood swings and would cry all the time and was bloated so much and couldnt lose weight....i had lost all the baby weight  (48pounds) but i still had 15 i couldnt shed for the life of me./ well march 20 2009 i wnet and got it removed cause the dr and myself agreed maybe we needed to stop all b/c so that my body could adjust...i thought alot was ppd..but it wasnt actually ..now i have lost alot more weight and the belly bloat and also feel sooooo much better no depression at all..we are trying for baby number three soon then i will prob have a hysterectomy (lomg medical story behind this decision)

anyway i would call your pcp or your ob and see what they say

good luck mama!

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)