• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the heck just keep your mouth shut if you dont have good advice

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 45 Replies

what advice /stuff/ stories do u wish some people would just keep to themselevs about pregnancy, labor etc.

what do you hate to hear.....share mama's

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss-Baby-Baker
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM

When I first had my baby, I thought he looked cute and my family all said how cute he was. Well, a babie's appearance changes so much during the coming months, so of course they won't look quite the same as when they were born. Anyway, this past month we went to visit my husband's family and they were complimenting our baby. He is 6 months so I guess my MIL found it OK to say that "sorry, but I thought your baby looked a little alien baby when he was first born." I know she didn't mean it in a bad way, and it wasn't something that was that bad, but I wish she would have kept that comment to herself, you know.

mommytobe090708
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM
When I was preggo I hated it when people who weren't pregnant and didn't even have kids were giving ME advice and were always telling me how 'horrible' things were going to get. Like some would constantly tell me that labor was going to be so horrible I wasn't going to make it without an epi, others would tell me I was going to get really bad hemorrhoids and how I was going to get huge... it was so annoying! I just wanted to say 'what the hell do you know, you're not pregnant and have never had kids!'
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Bloggin' about livin' in South Korea kleveille.blogspot.com
Baby_Aidans_Mom
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:37 PM

My MIL was an absolute terror while I was pregnant with my son. She hated most of the things on my registry and felt the need to tell me so. She called me one day to tell me that the bassinet that I had picked out was so ugly that she wasnt going to buy it and that she doubted anyone else would either! I told my mom what she had said and we went out that same day so she could buy it for us. Lol. That way it would be in the house the next time my MIL came to visit. I HATE that woman!!

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM

EVERYONE keeps tellin me that my daughter has a small head lol,..and she is soo tiny...well she was 9pd 12.3 at birth and 20 inch and now she 9 month is 20 pounds and 28 1/2 inches and her head is 17 3/8 big i think .im just tired of everyone saying she is petite lol...here is a pic

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

Daniella9
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Lol. My friends brother made a comment similar to that. He said, your baby looks a lot like ET. She was so upset she left the house. Then confronted him. That is rough. I would be hurt. (and smart enough to know when to shut my mouth)

chairhead28
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

EVERYONE keeps tellin me that my daughter has a small head lol,..and she is soo tiny...well she was 9pd 12.3 at birth and 20 inch and now she 9 month is 20 pounds and 28 1/2 inches and her head is 17 3/8 big i think .im just tired of everyone saying she is petite lol...here is a pic

Then everyone you talk to would think my child is a freakin' little person, LOL. At alomst 11 months she's 14lbs 15oz and 27.5" long. She's just tiny. :)

OP: I'm not pregnant anymore, but I hated people always telling me how great an epidural was, how I was going to NEED one, etc etc. It's not your damn labour, you don't know my pain threshold, leave me alone! Lol.

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), semi co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), semi-CIO, vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

aln1972
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Miss-Baby-Baker:

He is 6 months so I guess my MIL found it OK to say that "sorry, but I thought your baby looked a little alien baby when he was first born." I know she didn't mean it in a bad way, and it wasn't something that was that bad, but I wish she would have kept that comment to herself, you know.

I have a feeling thats not the only insulting thing she has said to you! Just put a smile on your face and gripe to your husband later!

Pooky0815
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Everyone at my work told me that the baby was going to ruin my life. It was the end of all my fun. People keep telling me how i am going to get fat. Then people are like well what ar u gonna do for money thisand that, and doing the OMG....

I just told people at work this is my choice. My baby is the start of my life not the end. It will open  option up. a whole new group of friends and fun. I am excited and nothing u can say will change that! I am excited to get fat. :) I cant wait for the special pictures and moments with my boyfriend! :)

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM

lol .. i agree with the epidural part

.when  i had my first daughter aug 12 2006 and couldnt have an epidural...i was induced at 39 weeks 5 days and after my water broke i was in the bathroom pushing her out and didnt know it...it was my first and i didnt knwo what it felt like when you needed to push..well i del her after 20 min in the bathroom..adn 10 min waiting for the dr..lol...no time for epidural...but she was 9pds 4 oz and very solid...21.75 inch long...i had it all in my mind i wanted to try it without the epidural and everyone was giving their opinions...when i wanted to chose myself...then at the end i had noo choice

happend again with baby number two...went in at 39weeks 4 days to be induced but she came on her own..water broke at 1145pm she was born at 120am 10-24 and didnt have time for an epidural again....I WANTED ONE THIS TIME AROUND lol...9pds 12.3 oz born vaginal....i told them 6 times i wanted one and they kept saying "oh your doing fine lets give it longer" and i was SO SICK of hearing that ..they said the same thing the first time around and look what happend

so im done third baby i am just going natural...no epidural etc...haha so this will be the baby will prob end up with an epidural haha

Quoting chairhead28:

Quoting Sweetestgirl79:

Then everyone you talk to would think my child is a freakin' little person, LOL. At alomst 11 months she's 14lbs 15oz and 27.5" long. She's just tiny. :)

OP: I'm not pregnant anymore, but I hated people always telling me how great an epidural was, how I was going to NEED one, etc etc. It's not your damn labour, you don't know my pain threshold, leave me alone! Lol.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM

good for you mama!

Quoting Pooky0815:

Everyone at my work told me that the baby was going to ruin my life. It was the end of all my fun. People keep telling me how i am going to get fat. Then people are like well what ar u gonna do for money thisand that, and doing the OMG....

I just told people at work this is my choice. My baby is the start of my life not the end. It will open  option up. a whole new group of friends and fun. I am excited and nothing u can say will change that! I am excited to get fat. :) I cant wait for the special pictures and moments with my boyfriend! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)