• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

holy lord you are HUGE! i dont mean that in a mean way

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM
  • 23 Replies

ok so share the worst thing anybody has every said to you when you were prego..or after you delivered..

MINE WAS OMG! YOU ARE HUGE "i dont mean that in a bad way" wth how do u mean it i didnt know i should take it in a good way....and IT WAS MY b-day :( way to make a girl feel good...july 2006 and i was due aug 12th ..i had gained 70 pounds so yes i was big but still come on...lol

then after i delivered my baby a year later..people kept asking me when i was due and i was only 15 pounds over weight ...some people should keeo their mouths shut ugghhhh

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylismomma
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM
haha in know what you mean! i used to HATE when people would say "are you sure you aren't having twins..?" i was like YES the five ultrasounds have made me sure dumbass!!

some people..ug.

i also hated when random people would come up to me and touch my stomach. i was like i don't know you..hands off!
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
babies
meesa0210
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Been there done that.....been there doing that.....Just yesterday I had woman tell me she thought my due date was next week. I said, uh no, I've still got 2 months left. Then countless number of people asking is it a boy and girl, 2 boys or 2 girls. Uh, no again. I've had 5 u/s. I know there is only 1 in there and I'm 100% sure on the month I got pregnant. Geez people think once you're expecting it's ok to just say whatever they want and not hurt your feelings.

Sweetestgirl79
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM

my own sister even called me jabba the hut :(

SERIOUS about losing weight? ..regardless if you have just had a baby, ttc or your children have grown come join us and have fun, gain support and share tips and lose that weight or maintain your weight ...WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!http://www.cafemom.com/group/96540

pretttynpink88
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM

i was very small my whole pregnancy i only gained 30lbs and wore my size 2 jeans the whole time,plus i delivered 5 weeks early. but i got the complete opposite, people would ask me " are you sure your even pregnant?!" and i think that is just as annoying, people telling to to " just a a damn hamburger already" thanks ass, but little do you know i just downed 2 and a milkshake! haha

robin1725
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I get the complete opposite...."are you sure there is a baby in there, you are so tiny!". Umm, yes idiot I am only 6 months along so I'm not that big yet!

CafeMom Tickers
arkansasmama08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I was at a Dunken Donuts with my hubby and his family when my son was about 5 months old. The lady behind the counter asked me when i was due. I said, due for what? lol. I tell you what though, i didn't want to eat for a week!

Daniella9
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM

so far I think the rudest thing is..."don't buy anything for the baby its bad luck"... what does that mean. If I buy some pampers in advance the baby will have 3 nipples?

mommy_of_2_babi
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM

after i had my DS he was only about a month old and i was checking out at the store and the cashier asked when i was due and i was like um i just had a baby duh he was right there beside me to like really could i be showing already if i was only a few weeks along uggh

CowgirlMamma555
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I was 7 months preggo, and showing like no tomorrow. I was chatting with the check out girl about her sister, whom I knew from high school.  She informs me that her sister is having a baby, and I said that I knew: we had the same due date! She got the most shocked look on her face and asked, point blank "oh! that's a baby???" I was so pissed i stomped off.  who says something like that?

April282008
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Quoting robin1725:

I get the complete opposite...."are you sure there is a baby in there, you are so tiny!". Umm, yes idiot I am only 6 months along so I'm not that big yet!

I get this too.  People look at me like something's going to be wrong with the baby because I'm so small.  I'm measuring right on schedule and have gained 14 pounds.  I'm just not big out front yet.  I think I'm more wide than out front.  I hate when people say things like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)