Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

figured out why he's been fussy

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
My two week old has been extremely fussy and inconsolable all day, and my husband and I just figured out why. He has a tooth coming in -- a bottom middle tooth. How early is too early for baby Orajel or baby aspirin? Is this a stupid question to call my pedi for at 10:30pm?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
arkansasmama08
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM

2 weeks old with a tooth! wow. I wouldn't give him anything. Try putting a wet washcloth in the freezer and then letting him gum on that for a bit. Will help with the pain. I'd wait and ask the dr about what to give him at that young though.

3lilqts
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Are you sure it's a tooth and not some sort of canker sore or something like that??  I've just never heard of a baby getting a tooth at two weeks old.. I'm sure it's possible, I've just never heard of it.  But yes, given that he is just two weeks I would call the Dr. to see if it is appropriate to use oral gel.

pregnancy week by week
mom-lovingit
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM

That's incredible!! I've heard of babies being born with a tooth before so anything's possible!!  Are you BFing?  If so, find a lactation consultant because teething and nursing is different when you have an older baby who understands you more.  Def call your pedi for what to give at this age. 

richgirljj
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I agree with the lactation consultant.

And I had a baby that started teething at 2.5 weeks too...he had four teeth when he was eight weeks old... it was horrible....

Best wishes mom. 

I don't think that I would give anything without talking to the ped first.

3lilqts
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Holy crap lol!!!  I learn something new every day.  I wasn't doubting her story.. just never heard of it... until now lol!!

Quoting richgirljj:

I agree with the lactation consultant.

And I had a baby that started teething at 2.5 weeks too...he had four teeth when he was eight weeks old... it was horrible....

Best wishes mom. 

I don't think that I would give anything without talking to the ped first.

cali4niachef
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Did you receive any steroids during your pregnancy at all? 

It is too soon for asprin and orajel.

"If you don't know your options, you don't have any." - Diana Korte, A Good Birth, A Safe Birth EuphoricBirthServices.com

Cynthje
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Whatever you do: do not give the baby aspiring or orajel, the baby is too young for that.

tatinbriansmom
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 3:12 PM

if he is in fact teething there is something called cordial that helps alot. u can give to them as soon as they are born, of course u have to go by the dosage on the label. Check with ur doc first though to make sure. Im not doubting but rather be safe than sorry u know. Oh and i wouldnt try the oragel, that burns. I tried everything that ive used on my kids and that is kinda like eating hot mexican peppers......just my opinion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)