Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Every pregnancy IS different

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

When I was pregnant with my DS I didn't experience any significant pain until after I was five months along. This pregnancy I am have extreme back pain, and I am only 10 weeks along. I don't understand it. I can't believe how differnt the two pregnancies are. If I am hurting this much now I hate to see what it is going to be like in a few more months. For the mommies working on #2 or more... what are some of the differences between your pregnancies??

Mother to a gorgeous little man and loving wife to a wonderful husband

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM

So far this pregnancy is identical to my last one, with the only difference being that I didn't get a bloody nose at 9 weeks. I attribute that to not living in Idaho this time around though (we're in CA).  Have you tried going to a chiropractor? They are such a relief especially during pregnancy. I go anytime I start feeling achy or start getting too many headaches.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Mamaz
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM

belly size, morning sickness, heartburn, kidney stones, labor and delivery (which was a shock because they were 2 ounces different)

I am the formula feeding, independent sleeping, baby wearing, vaccinating, disposable diapering, public schooling, pro-life, full-time working, college educated 21 year old divorced mama of two beautiful little girls!!!

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

1stimemami
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

So far this pregnancy is identical to my last one, with the only difference being that I didn't get a bloody nose at 9 weeks. I attribute that to not living in Idaho this time around though (we're in CA).  Have you tried going to a chiropractor? They are such a relief especially during pregnancy. I go anytime I start feeling achy or start getting too many headaches.

I agree. My hubby is a chiro and because of him im exposed to care but it helps so much. Many people think it isnt safe for pregnancy but it is all throughout and actually a lot of our patients report shorter labor after being under care. Its important for your baby from as soon as they are born...

Ladies Who Have Suffered Ectopics group owner:                                             http://www.cafemom.com/group/rachesgroup

Visit Ask A Chiropractor; my husband is a chiropractor: http://www.cafemom.com/group/chiropractic  

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Yep! My son had his first adjustment at 4 months old. That day was the first day of his life that he didn't scream bloody murder in his carseat! Just one adjustment cured him of his hatred of the carseat. He's been adjusted a few times, mostly just when he's not eating well or his reflux acts up. I take him to my chiro who doesn't even charge for kids under 14 if the parent is getting adjusted too, so it works out great for us! My son is almost 2 now and he freaks out when I get adjusted, and since he hasn't needed it for so long I just leave him with my mom now. He always did fine getting adjusted himself, but watching me is another story...course our adjustments are totally different! I hate hearing about kids getting tubes in their ears- I always suggest taking them to the chiro first. I worked for one and we had so many kids come in who were "supposed" to get tubes but started getting adjusted instead and stopped having ear aches/infections!

Quoting 1stimemami:

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

I agree. My hubby is a chiro and because of him im exposed to care but it helps so much. Many people think it isnt safe for pregnancy but it is all throughout and actually a lot of our patients report shorter labor after being under care. Its important for your baby from as soon as they are born...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

virgobaby1978
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 2:36 AM

All my pregnancies have been different (all 7). I have had worse pains with each pregnancy and from what I understand it is common. I was really enjoying this pregnancy until about the last month and now I am really sore.

OkieMom07
by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM

this is my 2nd pregnancy too, and this one, so far is so much diffrent from my first one, and im only 4 weeks pregnant. My, back hurts all the time too, and the side of my stomach does too, so yes, i would definitly say my last pregnancy is diffrent from this one.  

pink72princess
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I am only five weeks, but so far my differences are:

-bloating- I didn't bloat at all last time. I just looked the same as before pregnant until I started         showing.

-nausea- I have been nauseated this time, but haven't actually vomited. Last time I was vomiting every hour, and ended up being hospitalized three times because I couldn't keep medicine down long enough for it to do any good. Of course, a lot of you have said that you didn't start with MS until around 6-7 weeks. Oh well!

That's all so far!

pregnant belly

golther
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 11:31 AM

With all 4 of the pregnancies that I have had they have all seemed about the same. Also I really can't compare #2 or 3 too much to # 1 or 4 because I lost them pretty early on (I lost # 2and # 3).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)