• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to know what you think: Was there something wrong in the very begining? Please help or explain!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have to know what you all think. Not very many people actually use the support groups I belong to on CafeMom so I wanted to know from all of you mom's. 

History: This past January, my husband and I lost our son, Hudson, when I was 22 weeks pregnant. He had an umbilical cord accident. This has been the hardest thing we have ever gone through.

Now, I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant with our second child. We went to the OB this past Friday and got an u/s done. With my first pregnancy, we had our first u/s at 6 weeks. When you look at the two pictures, you can see our son is at the bottom of my uterus and with this pregnancy the baby is at the top. Could this have been why we lost our son or is it just because of the 2 week difference? But our son just couldn't have moved up to the top through out the pregnancy. I just don't understand how there is such a difference in where the new baby is and were our son was. Can anyone help or explain?

Top: our son Hudson at 6 weeks

Bottom: New baby at 8 weeks

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ashleykilleen
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:25 AM

i am not sure momma, i wish i had an answer for you,

i am sorry for your loss i hope the new baby brings lots love and laughs into your life.

-ash

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

eSnA2008
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:45 AM

no i dont think that had anything to do with it hunny, my babies have been in different parts of the uterus at first u/s. i am soo very sorry for what you had to go through though, i pray that everything goes great this time around.best best luck with everything!

rachana
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:43 AM

I don't know but I'll give you a
BUMP in case someone else knows.

new baby

CAgirl1214
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM

did the techs tell you they were at the top or bottom?  because those pics aren't accurate in that, they just show whatever plane they're on.  It can be upside down sideways etc.  If that is the case though, the placement doesn't matter in terms of that.  with my son the placenta implanted on top of my cervix so obviously he was down low.  Eventually they fill the whole uterus up anyway, it's just a matter of where the egg implanted. 

I'm so sorry about your son, good luck with your pregnancy!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
racang
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:57 AM

no hun where the baby implanted in your uterus has nothing to do with the umbilical cord messing up. My sister in law lost her babygirl when she was 8 and a half months pregnant. The cord got a kink in it, they had a ultrasound the week before and there was nothing wrong with the baby or the cord at that time. Things like this happen, I know it isn't easy and just remember that just because your pregnancy ended the way it did, its doesn't guarentee that this one will end like that too. My sil after her miscarrage she gave birth to another healthy baby girl. I know that with this pregnancy you are probably terrified, but please try to relax, and enjoy this pregnancy.

My life, My world, My girls.

Enelrach
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:42 AM
It doesn't matter where in the uterus the egg implants. Eventually the baby will move away from that spot as it gets bigger and fill up the uterus. The only danger is if the placenta is blocking the cervix, and then a C-section is required. Best wishes for a healthy baby!
ambersmommy730
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss!! Congrats on your new baby!

good luck 

CafeMom Tickers

lizmh0385
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Thank you all for everything. I know I can stop stressing about where this baby is a where my son was. Well, I'm still going to be worried through out this pregnancy but not as much about where the baby is in my uterus.

Thanks again!

JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I miscarried at 10 weeks so I know how hard it is to be pregnant after a loss.  I just thought I would let you know what helped me through.  Anytime I started worrying I would thank God for another day with my son instead of worrying it would be his last.  It really helped me to focus on what was important (him being with me now) vs. all of the ¨what ifs.¨  I became determined to enjoy my time with him and it really helped me :)

Quoting lizmh0385:

Thank you all for everything. I know I can stop stressing about where this baby is a where my son was. Well, I'm still going to be worried through out this pregnancy but not as much about where the baby is in my uterus.

Thanks again!

Have you experienced a miscarriage or lost a baby during pregnancy? 

For support from other Christian Moms just like you join my group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/christianloss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)